Notices

W H Y ? ? ?

Old 07-22-2005, 09:51 PM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default W H Y ? ? ?

Why..Why is it that when I have a very crappy week, I mean really super crappy, with irrational customers climbing up my butt (yes the full moon was out) demanding crazy things with super high expectations and attitudes that only a spoiled child can understand, I go down to the river and watch some bad Azz high powered water machines doing speed runs I find myself in a better mood. Then I think about my boat at the repair shop and I start to get wound up again. But then....I go on to OSO scan the community with a rhum and coke and life is great again ....I think I will go down to the river tonight and take more pics (once I sober up of course)...oh by the way I will post some pics for any interested later.
Thanks I feel better.
Carry-on
Old 07-23-2005, 05:05 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: W H Y ? ? ?

I've been boatless for three years - probably 6 mos. to 2 years before I put it all back together again.
This place helps.
Live vicariously through others.
And hell, it's not your gas bill
What broke?? You bought that gray and black Bullet, right?? I think it was out of Texas. I had my eye on that one.
Old 07-23-2005, 12:21 PM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal

May have been the same one you looked at-I bought in Feb, took delivery in May after I had interior replaced and new trailer purchased.
It looked like that there was a manifold leak causing one of the cylinders on the port side engine to fill up with salt water causing the motor to drag (which broker said was solinoid ), got it home still dragging problem could not lite motor , decided to have local engine builder (Honker Cut) yank motor and found rusted solid cylinder and valves...
So trying to get together to enjoy season but this builder is pretty busy with prior clients also trying to get to the local races and poker runs.
Thanks for the good advise...your right ... at least I am saving money on gas...I will need it when the final bill comes in
Old 07-23-2005, 01:40 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

GoCiggie,
You headed up to Sac for the Bridge to Bridge? We're headed up in a few mins. Meating Jonas, Carlsos, BajaBob, Danny...Etc etc.

So Rods no better than the rest of the NoCal boat shops huh? Too bad... Pull your motors and run them over to Morgans in WC. He'll take all your money but you'll get a solid set of mills and he will actually FINISH them this year

My Fountains' going back together now. It's over at Gator Marine.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:28 PM
Registered

I hope Rod steps up and finishes as he says, I got faith in Rod, I wanna believe that he said he will get in on next week. I have no reason not to believe that he won't put me on the back burner...so far seams like a straight up guy and busy.

Morgans did my short block on my Wellcraft in 1992 and did excellent work-oil galley clean up, high oil pump balance, blah blah-trick job. I put it all back together with heads by Groen in S.J. and it lasted 12+ seasons til I sold earlier this year. I am banking on Rod and his machine shop to be as good-I will keep ya all posted.
I just got back from B2B and will post more pics later. Hope to hook up with ya soon. We live above Lake Folsom by Browns Ravine Marina...

Last edited by GoCiggie31; 07-24-2005 at 12:59 AM.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:16 AM
Registered

Sorry to hear about the problems.
It's a great looking boat.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:23 AM
Registered

Bouyhunter,
Like they say, if the chase was easy, the value to the prize would be less. So when the major repairs are done with my toy it will be a sweet victory. Just a little more expensive, I guess I'll have to work a little longer to retire.

Thanks, I too like the lines on my 31 footer and once I get this engine thing all sorted out I can enjoy my hobby.
Old 07-24-2005, 09:44 AM
Registered

This may be a better question for another area, but ...
Do you tow? and How Heavy is that Bullet?
I'm shopping, and looking for a 31 Bullet or a 28SS. Because I live close to the Ohio River, (and don't really want to put a nice boat in that) I'll be trailering alot.
I only have a half-ton truck. I don't want to buy a boat and then have to go out and buy a Kenworth to pull it around.

Good luck with your motors - It's sweet ride.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Bullet Dry #8900 lbs....I towed mine to Erie, Cumberland & Fla With a powerstroke F-250......NO a 1/2 ton wont get it done with a Bullet....I scaled around 14,000 on a steel Eagle !
If I ever get this Engine back in the Top Gun you are welcome to ride !

BTW...Go down to the river now...Standing on the roof of my Buds houseboat I can see 6foot + down to the bottom !!!
Old 07-24-2005, 04:15 PM
Registered

Yes, Bullet is heavy way heavy.
I tow with a Denali pulls great but way over the limit...but it is only 1000 yards to the marina-any further too much stress on trans and love the wifes Denali, don't want to trash plus short wheel base could get dangerous and insurance may void if something happened. I am on the hunt for a 3/4 or 1 ton which should do the trick as birdog indicated above.
Good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.