Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Blew a trs this weekend (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/108341-blew-trs-weekend.html)

CN24 07-25-2005 04:32 PM

Re: Blew a trs this weekend

Got a fresh left for sale with nose cone.

vandy021 07-25-2005 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by stecz20
yeah it happened i mile from the marina.. it was a great day, everything went well, then almost like i spun a prop.. no bang.. no big mess.. i dont know.... at first i thought it was a tranny, or something.. giambi just went yard....

Sounds like a familiar story for us at SOTW. We ran the boat up to about 112 making sure the rigging issues were worked out.. I slowed and stopped and then turned to go back into the harbor about 3 miles out! Well, just to my f'king pleasure, as I was powering up the boat. No sounds no blow outs, nothing. Just an engine reaching the rev-limiter and no tranny! I had reverse which was about worthless as two tits on a nun trying to put it on a trailer in heavy winds. OUwantsome and some cat with a big gold chain around his kneck and everyone else on the docs called us nuts to go trailer it.

I am driving up the river with Scott from Mercury Racing saying "nothing" and Keith from CK/Baker in the engine compartment crawling around screaming back to me that the tranny was never properly installed. What a f'king circus. I am not a happy man when it comes to blown tranny's and mis-rigged electrical systems. I feel your pain Stecz, and soon some other people will feel ours!!! :evilb: :evilb: :mad:

Lofty 07-25-2005 04:42 PM

I've got new Konrads in stock or a bunch of TRS take offs' that belong to customers plus one set of my own. I would love to sell you some of my old trs stuff but you'll be happier with the Konrads.

Fionn
[email protected]

tomtbone1993 07-25-2005 05:23 PM

my buddy has some TRS parts give me a shout, Tom

OBNOXUS21 07-25-2005 08:10 PM

I've got some uppers

X-Rated30 07-25-2005 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by cuda
I think you'll see a little more speed if you replace it with an Alpha.

And it should handle all the horsepower Steczy can throw at it. :cool:

cuda 07-25-2005 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by License To Thrill
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Mercury develop the Bravo drive to handle power the Alpha couldn't? Like up to 470+hp? My drive is a Bravo and my motor makes about the same power Steczs' motors do, but I don't do any holeshots.

I doubt very seriously if an Alpha could live behind almost 600hp. And why would anybody use it when the Konrad is available and can handle the power??

Really?? :confused: :rolleyes:

rouxsterre 07-25-2005 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by cuda
Really?? :confused: :rolleyes:

I think LTT is joking as well. . . . Hopin' anyway. . . . if not - oh well.

VeeCat 07-25-2005 11:57 PM

I have a left hand OMC stringer mount drive complete upper lower with a lab finished two blade prop. Only a low 4300 hours of use. Only been in slightly brackish water for 12 years and used commercially by the city sewer dept as a mixer and occasional clog unstopper. This thing is practically Mint. This white and slightly brown drive should give your boat a nice retro two tone look with your remaining TRS. Sorry not interested in your broken drive as a trade-in. Sorry we do not except checks, credit cards, paypal or IOU's. Might consider,
Coon dog that don't howl too much
Champion Fighting Cock Rooster (must be red or orange, does not get up to early and is good with children)
Fishin Rig set up for night gator hunts

EggBeater Drive Alternatives Corp.
South Oak Cliff, Texas
East Bank of the West fork of the Trinity River

FOUNTAINATLAST 07-26-2005 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
And it should handle all the horsepower Steczy can throw at it. :cool:

Which we all know isn't very much!!!! :eek:

Questions??? See Stezs chit is punk!!! :evilb: :evilb: :evilb: