Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Finally- no noise law at chicago Poker Run-Awesome , Safe Poker Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/108371-finally-no-noise-law-chicago-poker-run-awesome-safe-poker-run.html)

candyman35 07-27-2005 11:03 AM

Re: Finally- no noise law at chicago Poker Run-Awesome , Safe Poker Run

Hey Donna,
I think you summed things up nicely. Great weekend, great people and simply awesome boats. The one thing that pleased me the most about the turnout was the variety of boats. You had the stars like Jim's Nortech, Pammy, Bruce Bullock throttling Chris's 36' Skater, Brad's 180 + mph Motion Cat and Chi-Town Hustler's Ocean Express. Then we get the record setting Rio-Roses a personal favorite :drink: As always we had lots of old school boats, race boats, dealer boats, etc... It was nice to have some smaller boats attend like a 25' Baja, 27' Fountain, 28' Active Thunder and a 28' Air Apache. I can't wait to get all the morning footage. That was fun!!!

This being the first time organizing an event has opened my eye's to many things. Without sponsors Poker Runs would not happen. Besides all the great volunteers we also need to thank our sponsors: OffshoreOnly.com, Extreme Boats Magazine, Bullock Marine, Swipes, Rocket Brand Racing Fuel, Grand Sport Center, Livorsi, Shogren Performance Marine, Ilmor Marine Engines, Trick Marine, Huber Marine, Inc., Rio Roses, Crobar, Cantu's Upholstery, Chicago Case, Raymonds Boat & Motor Sales, Fattowels, Mitcher T Custom Painting Design, Pepsi America & R.V. Candy Sales :D

A special thanks goes out to all the great people of the Robert A. Pastrick Marina for the help this weekend. They want us to come back next year. :drink:

Probably the most important thanks needs to go to the team from Sun Aero Helicopters. Besides capturing the entire event on film they also carried our dive team in case of an emergency. They are a very dedicated group of professionals.

I guess it's time to start planning for next year. :D
Dan

All photo's posted by me were supplied by Rick Kolinek :drink:

ITLLFLI 07-28-2005 01:02 PM

Sorry I am a little late but I wanted to thank you all for putting on a first class poker run! We had a blast running CFD5's 28 Apache! That was the first time we Cincy Boys have been in BIG water! His boat handled it very well! However I don't think DannyD will ever be the same after the ride in the 28!! I think I heard him crying for his 35 Cig ;)

Thanks to all the sponsers and the folks that put all your sweat and energy to put on a great run!!

KSFLYER1 07-28-2005 04:16 PM

Better late than never. Marcy and I had one of our best boating weekends ever. I am still trying to recover. The Chicago Powerboat Club deserves many thanks. To everyone, you know who you are-board, boaters, sponsors, hosts, visitors, etc. THANKS

I am not sure if anyone mentioned THE ART OF DESIGN guys. It was great talking to you at dinner. I can now say I met Wyatt Fountain. Keith

Buddy OO 07-28-2005 04:48 PM

36 Nortech is for sale to make room for the new 43 cat, and 39v's, 28 hours, I'll sell with full warranty. If anyone is interested call me I'll make someone a smokin deal. Maybe I cqan get Mark in it if I put Ilmors in it?. thanks Jim 636 236-4141

MarkSmith 07-28-2005 06:00 PM

Jim, that would be one hell of a package.

Ms PatriYacht 07-28-2005 08:39 PM

Mark, if it is reliable go for it :D we will miss you at LEOPA

Keith so true, I am still not recovered, and I get to do it all over again this weekend. God I love summer :evilb:

Buddy OO 07-29-2005 08:23 AM

Mark will put the Ilmors in it for you. I will put the 1150's in my 39. let me know if you want it. Have a offer right now from charlie. hes coming to loto this weekend to demo. would love for you to have it. thanks jim

candyman35 07-29-2005 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
Mark will put the Ilmors in it for you. I will put the 1150's in my 39. let me know if you want it. Have a offer right now from charlie. hes coming to loto this weekend to demo. would love for you to have it. thanks jim

Jim,
That Nortech impressed everyone on Saturday. If I had the funds I'd own it. Maybe someday.
Dan

MarkSmith 07-29-2005 01:46 PM

The official count for registered boats was 56.

Quiet Storm 07-29-2005 02:21 PM

Mark

If you guys plan to do as good a job next year as you did this year, you need to think of how many boats to limit it to. :drink: