Notices

Dockominiums Pros/Cons

Old 07-27-2005, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Re: Dockominiums Pros/Cons

they are going for 60-150k. They are really unbelievable inside. No one expects to go upstairs and find a nice house. Some are up to 1600sq ft inside with 50 ft slips beneath.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Robert,
The dock spaces at Sanibel Harbor are very limited. They might sell a few slips but I'm pretty sure they are selling the racks and the docks are primarily for temporary use. I'm good friends with the owners there so if you or anyone else is looking for a deal give me I call and I might be able to help you out.
Terry
239-567-5030 x 14
Old 07-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The same owners of the Sanibel Harbour Fort Myers facilty are doing one here in Sarasota.I bought two slips allready and looking to buy a third.Great concept.Clubhouse,restaurant,Bar,pool,fuel at cost,detailing service,Did I mention bar ? Call ahead,boat's in the water with ice and cold beverages in the cooler,tanks full,turn the key and go.Bring it back and throw them the keys.They clean,flush and rack it.It's the country club of boating. Great investments !! Good appreciation.The new future of boat storage in Florida.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

suncoastpower2, what do they get for a slip there? thx
Old 07-27-2005, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

excaliberhawk...that is a sweet set up!!! where is it and what are you asking for it? what does you insurance run you a year? what body of water? thx ratman
Old 07-27-2005, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

ratman- it is on lake texoma, about 1hr north of Dallas. Landlocked!
Old 07-27-2005, 09:04 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got in early.About $3,500 a foot but have gone up to 4k a foot.Every thirty that sell they raise the price 5k.I am banking on they will be over 5k a foot before they even break ground.Monthly maintenance fees are around $350.00.You can rent the slip and still have club priveleges.
Old 07-28-2005, 12:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a Marina near me that started the Docominium thing. If I remember right they had a 99 year lease on the docks. The Marina started out real nice with good docks and drystack buildings. They had plans to build a real nice restaurant overlooking the lake with a swimming pool and all the bells and whistles. In the plans they had land that was going to be developed for the use of the dockers and were going to have mooring balls for sail boats.

Well around 10 years later the land was purchased by the county from the investors so a lot of the things that were to be built never happened. Yes they still have the docks at the present time but the vision that they bought the docominiums of the rest of the facility never happened.
They are making a nice park on the property that the public can use at this time but it is not exclusive to the dock holders.

The bad part is that the Port Authority wants to take over the land for their use and shut down the marina/park and this could still happen.

Cordell
Old 07-28-2005, 05:31 AM
Registered

Rack storage in Fort Myers and Naples is disappearing fast. The same scenerio is rampant through the east coast of Florida. Wiggins Pass Marina in north Naples has been closed and the buildings are being demolished to make room for condos. That was a huge facility.

If you do not have waterfront property with a dock your only choice is to ramp, lease or find a dockiminium. I do not think appreciation is a factor to consider in purchasing. Purchasing may be your only future choice to have a dock.

You, however, should perform your due diligence carefully. What criteria do you have to monitor whether the management company is paying the taxes and going to maintain the facility? All you have is surface rights: a piece of floating or fixed wood stuck on pilings in the water.

Not all Dockominiums have pools and other facilities, some are just docks that may have power and water.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:39 AM
Registered

By the way Robert, Sanibel Harbor Resort is a premier facility. Being on the river is nice as well, except when you want to hit the Gulf. Those No Wake zones are a killer.

No one by me ever goes up town. We visit naples, Ft Myers Beach, Sanibel, Captiva, Cabbage Key, Boca Grande.

Quick Reply: Dockominiums Pros/Cons

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.