Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Coasties loaded for Bear! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/108566-coasties-loaded-bear.html)

Wobble 07-26-2005 05:47 PM

Coasties loaded for Bear!

3 Attachment(s)
Had a visit from the coast guard on the river this weekend. Normally they don't have the machine gun mounted. They picked on a boat that was on the beach and ordered them into the boat. As soon as it was floating they boarded it and pulled everything out of it during their search. Whole thing took about an hour. They let them go.

I have never seen them order a boat off the beach before.

AIR TIME 07-26-2005 06:51 PM

Re: Coasties loaded for Bear!

:eek: :eek: :eek: wow

ditty22 07-26-2005 06:59 PM

thats some bull crap if iv ever seen. I cant wait to give my coastie buddy a pic of that.

GLH 07-27-2005 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by Wobble
...As soon as it was floating they boarded it and pulled everything out of it during their search. Whole thing took about an hour. They let them go...I have never seen them order a boat off the beach before.

Maybe the dude banged one of their girlfriends...

DollaBill 07-27-2005 06:48 AM

I had that happen about 10 years ago. Almost got arrested I was so pissed. They wanted everything out of the cabin so I started throwing the life jackets at the punk kid standing on their boat. JO's

Dano 07-27-2005 06:49 AM

Nah, that cap'n got promoted under the don't ask don't tell dealy...he just liked that dudes muffler :evilb:

Them boyz are just to full of das homeland deFENCE. Thank Allah someone had the sense to Barney Fife those phucktards and only give them one bullet. :bunny:

Audiofn 07-27-2005 07:33 AM

Lets not toss all the coasties in one group. I used to hate getting pulled over by them and still do. However, I have a totally different view about it since I needed them one day to save me in my buddies sinking boat!!! :eek: :eek: They backed me up with the cops came to arrest me for threatening the environmental guy who refused to tow me in. :eek: This situation does sound messed up but there HAS to be more to the story then that. If you are drinking on the beach or even at anchor and are totally plowed then they can not do a damn thing. So even if they were drunk as chit this would have gotten tossed out I am guessing. My thought is that some one said that there was something on the boat that was illegal, maybe a pissed off girl friend?

Jon

bglz42 07-27-2005 08:08 AM

Wobble, we've seen the same boat (with mounted MG) in Clear Lake several times. Pretty dang intimidating!

Been pulled over a couple of times, never had any problems. Just make sure your chit is in order... :D

bigd1 07-27-2005 08:17 AM

Coast Guard: Guys who couldn't get into the navy.

Wobble 07-27-2005 08:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got nothing against the Coast Guard at all. Just thought this was very unusual.

They waited about 20 minutes then called the driver out to them and told him to get his boat in the water.

It was threatening to rain. Normally 15-20 boats pulled up at this spot. Only 3-4 at this time.