Notices

Boat Mart - scam?

Old 07-27-2005, 04:05 PM
Warped & Twisted Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There was a 20/20 news program segment ( or similar program ) recently where one of the news correspondent guys answered one of those Nigerian scam emails, and agreed to pay like 10,000 dollars but only in a face to face meeting. The Nigerians ageed to meet, in Canada. He meet them in a hotel there. The news guy also followed them back to there home in the slums there in Canada too.

So yeah, sure sounds and reads like a different spin on an old scam. We now know that alot of these scumbags are up in Canada.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Re: Boat Mart - scam?

when i was selling my 62 galaxie on ebay, some jerk off from affrica hit the buy it now button ending my auction 4 days early. then he contacted me and asked for my bank account # to deposit the sale amount plus an extra $4000 for shipping. then i'm supposed to send the undisclosed shipping co. the $4000 to pick up my car. what really ppissed me off was that in my item description, i stated U.S. bidders ONLY. needless to say, ebay got an earfull from me and relisted my car no charge. sold the next day to a guy in Arizona.

i saw an western union scam for a 2004 porsche cayenne for $20,000. i called the guy and he said the car was in Czechlosavokia and to wire the money to him. yeah right.

my 2 experiences.

Focker out...
Old 07-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Boat Mart - scam?

scam scam scam. I have had many . What they do is really give you a check and you deposit it thinking all is well. The bank calls to verify and they get an OK from who they call .All is well right........ in about 2 days you will get a call from the bank saying their funds were withdrawn making you liable for th entire ticket. YOU LOOSE . Think about it who would purchase a boat so far away and unseen at best, and they always offer a little more ti IMPLY good faith . Remember if it sounds too good to be true.....