If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Warped & Twisted Member Platinum Member Jamie B.'s Avatar
    My Boats:
    Cigarette Top Gun w/ V6's and Maxum 3000 SCR
    4 Miles Offshore, IL
    There was a 20/20 news program segment ( or similar program ) recently where one of the news correspondent guys answered one of those Nigerian scam emails, and agreed to pay like 10,000 dollars but only in a face to face meeting. The Nigerians ageed to meet, in Canada. He meet them in a hotel there. The news guy also followed them back to there home in the slums there in Canada too.

So yeah, sure sounds and reads like a different spin on an old scam. We now know that alot of these scumbags are up in Canada.
    I'm a crackwhore for being 4 miles offshore.
    Former Everglades Marina employee.

Talking Re: Boat Mart - scam?

when i was selling my 62 galaxie on ebay, some jerk off from affrica hit the buy it now button ending my auction 4 days early. then he contacted me and asked for my bank account # to deposit the sale amount plus an extra $4000 for shipping. then i'm supposed to send the undisclosed shipping co. the $4000 to pick up my car. what really ppissed me off was that in my item description, i stated U.S. bidders ONLY. needless to say, ebay got an earfull from me and relisted my car no charge. sold the next day to a guy in Arizona.

i saw an western union scam for a 2004 porsche cayenne for $20,000. i called the guy and he said the car was in Czechlosavokia and to wire the money to him. yeah right.

my 2 experiences.

Focker out...

My Boats:
    2007 Checkmate ZT
    Savannah, GA

Re: Boat Mart - scam?

scam scam scam. I have had many . What they do is really give you a check and you deposit it thinking all is well. The bank calls to verify and they get an OK from who they call .All is well right........ in about 2 days you will get a call from the bank saying their funds were withdrawn making you liable for th entire ticket. YOU LOOSE . Think about it who would purchase a boat so far away and unseen at best, and they always offer a little more ti IMPLY good faith . Remember if it sounds too good to be true.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12