Notices

Boat Mart - scam?

Old 07-27-2005, 07:41 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boat Mart - scam?

I got this email in response to an ad for my boat on OSO:

jon bradley is inquireing about a listing you placed in the Hotboat.com classifieds title 1989 25' Warlock World Class.
Comments:
Hello, I am Jon Bradley, sales associate, Boat Mart, 212 Grampian ave, Toronto, Canada. We purchase, pick-up and deliver Boats for customers when contracted. We have an interested buyer for your boat(1989 25' Warlock World Class) and the offer for it is $16,200 US. Please, we would want to know if it's still availiable and if so do forward these details to me; (i) The final/bottom price you are willing to sell. (ii) The miles/kilometre on the scale. (iii) Recent picture(s). (iv) Reason(s) for selling. The above questions are part of our company policy when purchasing,so please don't find it embarrasing to answer. Jon.

Phone.) .-.
E-mail:[email protected]

It sounds like bs to me. Am I the only one that gets emails like this everytime I try to sell something (ebay, cycletrader, autotrader.....)?
Old 07-27-2005, 08:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Re: Boat Mart - scam?

Sounds like a scam to me too. I got a couple of those from over seas when i was selling my last truck. Also, my sister got a few of those responses recently from a canadian broker when she was selling her rinker. Her bank advised her against getting involved with these types of deals.

I would steer clear and wait till you get some unsuspicious offers.

btw, when you figure out how many miles are on the boat.....let me know
Old 07-27-2005, 09:10 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jwbbuck
The miles/kilometre on the scale.

scam
Old 07-27-2005, 09:12 AM
Registered

So the "Boat Mart" in Toronto, Canada uses an e-mail account from Yahoo in England (E-mail:[email protected])?

El-scammo.....
Old 07-27-2005, 09:33 AM
Registered

Location: Where the water meets the oaks 'n Pines in the Sierra Nevada's of NorCal
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just for grins...try to aquire a phone number to see if you can communicate live....if not ...for sure SCAM
Old 07-27-2005, 09:41 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i tell ya what, i will transfer you the price of the vehicle plus an additional $5000 US funds, you keep a small percent for yourself and wire the rest of the amount back to me via Western Union. With the money you make off the transaction, I have friends in Nigeria that need help moving their fortunes out of corrupt gov't run banks before they lose their inheritances.

Old 07-27-2005, 09:46 AM
Registered

JW,
this does look a bit sketchy!
But I listed my boat in an area swap sheet and the next thing I know autotrader is calling me like 3 times a day trying to get me to list with them. So if your info is out there who knows who is getting there hands on it.
Good luck with your sale!
Old 07-27-2005, 12:08 PM
Charter Member#157
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Boat Mart - scam?

Originally Posted by dockrocker
So the "Boat Mart" in Toronto, Canada uses an e-mail account from Yahoo in England (E-mail:[email protected])?

El-scammo.....

First thing I noticed to.
Not to mention the spelling

all it takes is for one person to play dumb so they can burn them.
takl about a 16 grand profit for writing emails.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:20 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a 61 buick that I sold a few weeks ago and I got a few calls from guys that shot me a line similar to that, they said they matched buyers with sellers, and they had a buyer that is interested in my car, but didn't want to give me much info It sounded like a load of crap to me. I am always alittle weary of people like that .
Old 07-27-2005, 12:24 PM
Registered

I'm trying to think of a way to have a little fun with this guy, but it could be a automated response email and not a "guy" at all. Prick.

It's not as bad as last time - the buyer for my custom cycle was from Saudi Arabia

Quick Reply: Boat Mart - scam?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.