Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Anybody ever hear of "The Brokerage Shop"? >

Anybody ever hear of "The Brokerage Shop"?

Notices

Anybody ever hear of "The Brokerage Shop"?

Old 07-27-2005, 07:22 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anybody ever hear of "The Brokerage Shop"?

Received this spam e-mail today:

Good Evening,
I am the Regional Manager with The Brokerage Shop. I am contacting you about your advertisement on H2O Performance. Our firm is interested in adding your vessel to the select group of boats we represent. Allowing us to list and market your boat does not cost you anything, nor is there any commitment by you in doing so. We are top brokers in the business of professionally marketing and selling quality powerboats for a commission (only if we sell your boat). We do not make you list with us exclusively so you can feel free to keep it listed here or anywhere else. If you do happen to sell it any other way, you let us know, we take it off our listing boards and you owe us nothing. There are literally millions of people selling boats “by owner” online at any given time, yet we only contact the small percentage that happen to meet our qualifications of similar vessels that we have historically had great success selling quickly through the sales strategies we implement.

We pay 9 major websites to list and advertise your boat out of our pocket (your boat gets listed on every single one at our cost); and along with the hundreds of marinas around the country and websites we work with, we are currently averaging one of the quickest turnaround times for the boats that we represent in the yacht brokerage industry. Over 100 million potential buyers see our clients’ boats each month.

At The Brokerage Shop, we act as a filter and handle all inquires – you are only contacted when we have a qualified buyer. We do encourage the buyer to contact you directly, at some point, only after the buyer has been through our qualification process. This helps further build the buyer’s confidence level in your boat and helps us expedite the sale. We will let you know in advance of the phone call from the buyer. We will handle negotiation, contract preparation, arrange for a marine survey, financing, and delivery of your boat to the new buyer after closing (all out of the interested buyers pocket – not yours), which makes this an easy process for both the buyer and yourself.

If we bring you an offer from a qualified buyer, and you decide to accept that offer, and the boat is sold through us we receive an 8% commission. Again, if you sell it any other way than through us, you owe us nothing. You have the right of first refusal on all offers, so there is absolutely no reason to not utilize our services, as there is no down side to entertain any offers we may bring you. Any offer you receive through our marketing and networking is an offer you most likely would of never otherwise received, so this is just another option to use to get the boat sold quickly.

If you would like to move forward or have any questions, please send me an email that you would like to go to the next step and I will email you back with some quick Q & A on the boat that we would like to add to the listing, as we have the most detailed listings on the internet. I promise you the process is completely painless and it will help get your boat sold very quickly. Also, please feel free to go to our website: (www.thebrokerageshop.com) and read our clients testimonials and look at the number of repeat clients that consistently list and sell their boat through us. Thank you again for your time and have a great day!

Sincerely,

Jack B. Schimpf
Regional Manager
The Brokerage Shop
8404 Fox Crossing Rd.
Brown Summit, NC 27214

Email: [email protected]
Direct: 908-581-4306
Toll Free: 877-579-2545
Fax: 336-217-7949

Generally, I'm not interested in these e-mails having dealt with some shady brokers in the past. However, these guys seem to have a pretty good offer. Let us list the boat, if we sell it we get 8% commission. The percentage is fair and I can still market the boat on my own. So what's the catch?
Old 07-27-2005, 07:46 AM
Registered

Default Re: Anybody ever hear of "The Brokerage Shop"?

Don't broker your boat sell it yourself. There is always a catch.

Good Luck

Undertaker
Old 07-27-2005, 10:18 AM
Registered

Cord-
I got the EXACT same email from them a few
weeks ago about my boat.....right after I put it
on the classifieds section.......
wouldnt trust it.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:21 AM
A to Z
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think they are for real, i had a buddy used them and they sold it fast and he got what he needed out of it....

http://www.thebrokerageshop.com/
Old 07-27-2005, 10:34 AM
Registered

The Brokerage Shop is or was an OSO advertiser. When I was selling my boat last year, I called them on a fluke. I spoke with a gentleman named Brad Fortney. Brad said my boat was older than they usually list, but since I was an OSO bro, he would give it a shot. There was a reasonable brokerage fee contingent on the sale, and soon he had my boat listed ALL over the place. My boat sold in 4 months and they got what I was asking.

I don't know this Jack B. Schimpf guy, but if Brad is still a part of their operation, I highly recommend him.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:54 AM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

What do you have to loose,,,,except the boat?
Old 07-27-2005, 11:29 AM
Registered

Just relating my experience.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
Funny, they claimed that they got no action from their advertising, canceled their advertising and then stole the artwork that speedgirl designed for their banner to use on their own site. Now they are spamming new listings in our classifieds. Sounds like the kind of person I would want to do business with. I can assure you they will never advertise here again.
It doesn't sound like integrity is at the top of their list.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:50 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Relatively new and the reality is that a large percentage of listings are sold through "co-brokerage" deals. @ 8% they can't work with any other brokers so it will severely limit the exposure of your boat.

There are a few good brokerage and sales operations out there guys. The OSO board seems to be cleaning up the market. Keep the faith.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:33 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

For the record, they did not contact me off my (now expired) OSO ad.

Quick Reply: Anybody ever hear of "The Brokerage Shop"?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.