Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Broke Ground on the Toy Box! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/108829-broke-ground-toy-box.html)

RLW 08-02-2005 01:09 PM

Re: Broke Ground on the Toy Box!

Duken,
Post some pics of the new building.
Russ

dukenrock 08-02-2005 02:19 PM

Pretty sweet Chris! Same but slightly bigger with a single 14'x18' door. Inside finsih 15'8". (Rat walls brought the height up) I will have a 90% furnace with AC. What the heck, it could get hot in there. I also ended up with a bathroom, shower, toilet, and marble floors. (Just kidding about the marble :D ) They'll be setting posts tomorrow and trusses by either Saturday or Monday. Should be able to get the toys in next week! I'll get over there today and get some pics of the progress. Should make working on those Merc's a little more pleasurable!

Originally Posted by RedDog382
30 X 70 X 12'4"

RedDog382 08-02-2005 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by dukenrock
90% furnace with AC. What the heck, it could get hot in there. I also ended up with a bathroom, shower, toilet.

Over the top Kevin! But I think the AC may really be just to keep fuel from leaking out the vent after you top off the tank. :D

open87 08-02-2005 04:51 PM

2 Attachment(s)
built mine with help from friends 30w x 40d , don't need anything bigger. maybe i might put a/c in one day , but i have 2 doors on the back so i get a great breeze...

dukenrock 08-02-2005 08:42 PM

You're too funny :drink: I got new "Anti Spill when it gets hot" fittings instyalled now.

Originally Posted by RedDog382
Over the top Kevin! But I think the AC may really be just to keep fuel from leaking out the vent after you top off the tank. :D

dukenrock 08-02-2005 08:45 PM

Nice looking setup there!

Originally Posted by open72
built mine with help from friends 30w x 40d , don't need anything bigger. maybe i might put a/c in one day , but i have 2 doors on the back so i get a great breeze...

open87 08-02-2005 09:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
thanks , it should look nice next spring when the lanscape grows in fully ,. lotta hard work , if i ever step up in boat size i would sell that property and build bigger , but i doubt that will happen , i'm 101% happy with my 28 cigarette and she fits perfectly. on the dollys i can spin her around 360 in front of the shop.

post pics when yours is done. your shop should be real nice!!

open72

dukenrock 08-03-2005 09:09 PM

What are you using to get it onto the dollies and what kind of dollies. I would like to be able to take the boat off the trailer to get some bottom cleaning done over the winter. I thought of an overhead steel beam arrangement. I also have a 28' Pontoon boat I would like to store inside on dollies so I could move it around as well.

Originally Posted by open72
thanks , it should look nice next spring when the lanscape grows in fully ,. lotta hard work , if i ever step up in boat size i would sell that property and build bigger , but i doubt that will happen , i'm 101% happy with my 28 cigarette and she fits perfectly. on the dollys i can spin her around 360 in front of the shop.

post pics when yours is done. your shop should be real nice!!

open72

Nykamp 08-03-2005 09:31 PM

Yard Arm out of Indy can set you up with dollys on a craddle. Enjoy the toy box, mines 42 by 64 with 3 overheads. Steve

dukenrock 08-03-2005 09:48 PM

Thanks Nycamp. I'll check it out.

Originally Posted by Nykamp
Yard Arm out of Indy can set you up with dollys on a craddle. Enjoy the toy box, mines 42 by 64 with 3 overheads. Steve