Has anyone sold engines on Ebay?? >

Has anyone sold engines on Ebay??

Notices

Has anyone sold engines on Ebay??

Old 07-27-2005, 11:05 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 342 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Has anyone sold engines on Ebay??

A few people have told me that the best way to sell my quad rotor engines will be on Ebay? Has anyone had any luck with that? Just seems like a hassle to me and I haven't used Ebay that much, but I guess that it couldn't hurt to try. Can you put a minimum price on there so if it doesn't get to a certain number, you don't have to sell them???
Old 07-27-2005, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone sold engines on Ebay??

yes a reserve price, if the auction doesn't hit the reserve then no sale
Old 07-27-2005, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Has anyone sold engines on Ebay??

Yea, e-bay could work well for you. Take alot of pics and be prepared to answer alot of questions. You can even put a "buy it now" price. If you have any questions pm me.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:19 AM
VIP Member

You'll get alot of exposure on Ebay. Good bang for the buck. Set a reserve price but start the bidding out low. If somebody doesn't win them, I bet you'll get emails afterwards from someone who was thinking about them.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:28 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
A few people have told me that the best way to sell my quad rotor engines will be on Ebay? Has anyone had any luck with that? Just seems like a hassle to me and I haven't used Ebay that much, but I guess that it couldn't hurt to try. Can you put a minimum price on there so if it doesn't get to a certain number, you don't have to sell them???
Yeah you will have to answer ALOT of questions. A chitload of people will ask you to calculate shipping, which is a pain in the azz. Like others said, you can set a reserve price. They will charge you a listig fee and take a percentage if it sells. The percentage can be alot for high priced items.

Good luck dude!
Old 07-27-2005, 11:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile Re: Has anyone sold engines on Ebay??

HI ! I have bought many motors on ebay. Unless someone wants them locally and can come and get them, most people will shy away from a heavy shipment from far away. Many deals can be had in shipping. I use a company called Foward air freight. All shipping has to be prepaid. I had a Bravo Drive shipped on a pallate From Florida to Ny City. Only cost me $58. Of couse the item has to be dropped off at a FWD air Terminal and picked up at one of their terminals . Offering reasonable shipping will attract more bids. When it comes to heavy parts I feel it's a buyers market on e-bay.(and quite often I'm the buyer ) I do well selling things locally through the local newspaper. We bought 2 complete FWC 454's w/ trans in Massachusetts, and A complete 350 in Connecticut. My dad went and picked them up and brought them back to Long Island in one day. Paid about $1600 for all 3 motors. You can't loose if you set the reserve right, all you will do is pay a small fee. BBB
Old 07-27-2005, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

Put it up on OSO. I sold mine quick that way to a GREAT O.G. OSO MEMBER!
Old 07-27-2005, 12:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
Put it up on OSO. I sold mine quick that way to a GREAT O.G. OSO MEMBER!
That is the only place that they are currently. Just looking for other options!!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-6134.html
Old 07-27-2005, 12:37 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

You can help the sale out by providing a link to freight shipping. Ebay can do this automatically but their rates are a bit high which hurts the value. Basically, list the item with the shipping being the responsibility of the buyer. You give them the link in the ad and it's their problem to set the shipment up.

My position with ebay is too provide too much information. The more information the more valid the sale is. Most people are leary of ebay and the auctions with very little information and/or poor pics don't catch much value. When my boat goes on at the end of the week I'll be listing the engine build and dyno sheets to help prove what is in the boat.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Cord
You can help the sale out by providing a link to freight shipping. Ebay can do this automatically but their rates are a bit high which hurts the value. Basically, list the item with the shipping being the responsibility of the buyer. You give them the link in the ad and it's their problem to set the shipment up.

My position with ebay is too provide too much information. The more information the more valid the sale is. Most people are leary of ebay and the auctions with very little information and/or poor pics don't catch much value. When my boat goes on at the end of the week I'll be listing the engine build and dyno sheets to help prove what is in the boat.
If I sell the engines at a reasonable price, I'll pay for the shipping!!

Quick Reply: Has anyone sold engines on Ebay??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.