If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
    Platinum Member Platinum Member

Cape Coral / Ft. Myers

Hello. My wife and I have decided after 20 years in the corporate rat race to bag it here in Virginia, cash out and head to Florida for the weather and boating. We are looking at the Cape Coral / Ft. Myers area. I know I"ve been a lurker for most of my time on this board, only a couple of posts related to my positive experience with Tres Martin's performance boating school, but I'm hoping I can get some info from the Florida members that are familiar with that area. Good place to live? Schools ok? Any issues with keeping a 30' Donzi on a trailer? How about launch and marina facilities? We'll be starting a business, (a bar/restaurant near the water if I can find a location). I'm also into custom choppers and may open a bike shop. So, thanks and really appreciate any help or advice I can get.

Captain Len (yes, I've got a 50Ton USCG license from my early days exploring for oil in the Arctic).

My Boats:
    1997 hustler sport
    Lake George Area NY

Re: Cape Coral / Ft. Myers

give me a call, I can help 518 696 7055

Naples, Fl

Congrats on your decision. I am certain you will like the area. I made the move from NJ two years ago and have not regretted it a bit.

You will not be allowed to keep the boat on a trailer in the driveway in Cape Coral. You can keep it behind the house, or in the garage. There are numerous marinas in the area. Depending upon where you finally decide to live, I will be happy to supply you names, numbers, and info on each.

Feel free to email me with specific questions. [email protected]

Charter Member #71 Charter Member DanB's Avatar
    My Boats:
    1993 Cig
    Debary, FL

I'm planning on putting my house up for sale in the next month or so. 3br/2ba with dock and boat lift. Almost an acre of land.
    Ft Myers is a great area, but its gettin a little too crowded for my tastes. The area is booming right now and is gonna get busier. I dont care much for CC, but thats just me. Thousands of others like it. The fastest growing areas are south and east.
    Email or PM me if your interested.