Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why Offshore Boaters Get Bad Press!! >

Why Offshore Boaters Get Bad Press!!

Notices

Why Offshore Boaters Get Bad Press!!

Old 08-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Why Offshore Boaters Get Bad Press!!

Ok.. So I was having a good weekend. Busy at the marina, then went and took in the sights at the Country Concert that played Heinz Field on Saturday Night. The female sights that is... So we get done hanging out and are heading back to the marina to call it a night. We are passing slowly through the no wake zone that is in effect on the section of river by the point, every weekend and have a close encounter. Some AZZHOLE who owns a 42 Fountain goes blowing through the no wake zone at speed and almost runs us over from behind. The MOTHERFVCKER passed within 5 feet throwing spray across my boat. Unfortunately, I could not get the name on the boat or get a good enough look at the colors on it to identify the boat. It was too dark. I was also unable to even try to chase the boat due to a trim tab problem I got.... This was probably the same AZZHOLE who waked my marina during a fun run put on here back in June. Now I know most Go-Fast owners are very responsible. But this was one of the few who has too much money and no common sense.. A real Phucktard. So be carefull out there on the waters. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies.......
Old 08-01-2005, 08:57 PM
RLW
~~~~
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Why Offshore Boaters Get Bad Press!!

Sounds like he recently moved up from Jet Skis.
His day will come.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:09 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I almost killed 2 jetskier A-HOLES this past weekend at havasu. They ran right in front of my boat and I missed them by 5 feet at the most.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:27 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

wasn't me .......my 42 was on the trailer.........
Old 08-02-2005, 06:40 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RLW
His day will come.
Usually very accurate.
Old 08-02-2005, 06:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RLW
His day will come.
Yep, He's a future Insurance claim.

You can thank guys like that for provoking the proverbial one-finger-salute in all of our directions.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:05 AM
Registered

Usually the result with someone with more money than brains then mix well with "self centered jerkness". You see it in boats, motorcycles, high priced cars, you name it. Recently a 19 year old kid bought a new high performance motorcycle, lost control, ran it off the road and into trees. Luckily for him he was thrown clear and landed in sand before the bike went into the trees. According to the news reports, he was "showing off".

Since offshore boats get the bulk of attention it harms us the worst.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

RWI, I'm curious......just how many 42 Fountains can there be in your area? Somebody has to know the boat or the jerk who is driving it??
Old 08-02-2005, 12:16 PM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Unfortunately in all areas of life there a few azz-holes that no matter the rules, laws, decency, etc. are gonna be plain idiots who are either gonna hurt themsleves or others and there's just no way to stop it. Unfortunately it's always the few who punish the many with their actions. Take comfort in knowing the overwhelming majority of adult boaters do it the right way.
Old 08-02-2005, 03:03 PM
Registered

There are only a couple 42 fountains that normally boat around the Pittsburgh area. I have an idea of who it could be. But not enough for clear conscionse retribution. But I will be keeping my eye out for him. The problem is that with the Kenny Chesny concert that night, this guy might have come from a different pool or area just for the concert. I would hate to exact justice on the wrong person.

And if I would have had my .45 Glock with me, I would have given him the one finger salute....

Quick Reply: Why Offshore Boaters Get Bad Press!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.