Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   LOTO Shootout-Who's going?? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/109039-loto-shootout-whos-going.html)

scarrab30 08-02-2005 02:09 PM

Re: LOTO Shootout-Who's going??

Wiggler, Im comming down there on friday. I made reservations at Tan Tara. I was onthe chicago poker run with the old blueand white Scarab. I dont know if my son is going to be able to come. So im going to be short of help in the launching dept.

Buddy OO 08-02-2005 02:20 PM

call me if you need any help, thanks jim 636 236-4141. tan-tara is right down the road from me

jayhawk261 08-02-2005 02:28 PM

My wife and I will be there and staying at Tan Tar A. Of course, we are still shopping for a boat at this time, so we'll be land lubbers. Can the shootout bee seen well from the Shooters dock?

We would like to meet some people from the board while there.

jayhawk261 08-02-2005 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by scarrab30
Wiggler, Im comming down there on friday. I made reservations at Tan Tara. I was onthe chicago poker run with the old blueand white Scarab. I dont know if my son is going to be able to come. So im going to be short of help in the launching dept.

Depending on what time you are planning on launching, I'd be happy to help you launch if you don't have another alternative.

scarrab30 08-02-2005 05:09 PM

Im not sure what time ill get there, probably in the afternoon. Plan to leave early in am. I have a full blown CDL so i cant speed going down. My wife cant drive the truck or the Barge, so i would have to impose on someone to pilot the Barge to a slip. Most people dont like or even want to be seen on a boat thats 26yrs old. But the help would be much appreciated. Jayhawk I went to Nathan Hale h.s. in Tulsa. Born at ST.Johns hospital 1950. I officially reached old fart statis 2 days ago.

gsmith9898 08-02-2005 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
We'll be there from Thursday to Monday.

Looking forward to the large richards run.
( there was some serious iron there last year :cool: )

Plan on doing my usual 2 passes each
day.

Let's just hope the weather was like it was on
Sunday last year......nice and cool.

Jim,

There was a predominately yellow 36 that
ran by Dog Days on Fri. about 2:30 in the afternoon,
was that you ?

I was at dog days friday when the yellow cat went under the bridge and than came back by. Which boat did you have?

Buddy OO 08-02-2005 05:28 PM

05 36 nortech cat with 1150's. showing to a customer, was running very good. thanks Jim

JaayTeee 08-02-2005 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
I was at dog days friday when the yellow cat went under the bridge and than came back by. Which boat did you have?

The 33 outlaw ( see avitar) first slip in
on the 2nd dock.

We were on a poker run that a friend had organized.

Did you see the people ( lets be nice, and call
them waay out of town tourist) in the yamaha
jet boat ?

They started it up, didn't untie the rear line,
it was in reverse, it swung around, the nose
hit a friend of mines Tiger.... as we're watching
this happening, we're yelling to "shut it off ".

There was an apparent "language barrier".

Luckily, no damage resulted.

What were you in ?

gsmith9898 08-02-2005 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
The 33 outlaw ( see avitar) first slip in
on the 2nd dock.

We were on a poker run that a friend had organized.

Did you see the people ( lets be nice, and call
them waay out of town tourist) in the yamaha
jet boat ?

They started it up, didn't untie the rear line,
it was in reverse, it swung around, the nose
hit a friend of mines Tiger.... as we're watching
this happening, we're yelling to "shut it off ".

There was an apparent "language barrier".

Luckily, no damage resulted.

What were you in ?

I was in the eliminator that was up front, second from the bar. ( didn't want to go far for cold beer).

Matt99DECH 08-02-2005 07:25 PM

Ok guys, just how crazy is this Loto Shootout? I've read about it, seen pictures and heard tall tales about all the crazy things that go on and I must say it sounds like a hell of a time.

3 buddies and myself are tossing around the idea of going to this years shootout from Ontario (canada) with boat in tow.