Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Which Engine/Drive Package??? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/109092-engine-drive-package.html)

Anarchy Powerboats 08-05-2005 08:45 PM

Re: Which Engine/Drive Package???

Originally Posted by 3600cat
You started talking $ and getting punked . As you can tell I dont put my thoughts on the net that often but I just happen to be stupid enough to buy a NOR-TECH . I like NOR- TECHS also . Can you tell . Do I need someone to ask me to put somthing on here? :( :(

I think you need a hug, I'm not the one to do it but you are not a happy man. Have a nice day.

Anarchy Powerboats 08-05-2005 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
You guys still should come up to the shootout . some wild boats and women. aug 26th.

A lot of us want to come out there but I think we are doing SCOPE poke run at that time, gotta see what the new 34 will do.

WeaponX 08-05-2005 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
I think you need a hug, I'm not the one to do it but you are not a happy man. Have a nice day.

Good bye metal bros I'LL miss that hug. :(

Anarchy Powerboats 08-05-2005 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by 3600cat
Good bye metal bros I'LL miss that hug. :(

Love ya man.

Rik 08-05-2005 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
Resale also depends on where you are located and what type of water and boat application you use. On inland lakes Mercury sells, In the Ozarks if you want to sell new boats put in Mercury period. My point was simply that in my location people would'nt buy an Arneson drive period, not because its not good because of name recognition, drive and prop dangers while swimming and Nobody has them at loto. By the way did you like the nortech ride? sorry

This is getting out of hand, but the Hustler you named had to be either Matt Schade or Tim Friend, both of which are in your area and purchased the boats with the Arneson's. Both of those boats according to the owners are not a problem to dock.

Lets not forget TYSON! Although he has no reverse, or neutral or anything come to think of it. Merely direct drive and I hope you are not comparing that as an example. There are several other boats on LOTO with Arneson's as well.

As for the shoot out, which ever boat will be the fastest will not have Merc on it or any of the others you mentioned.

Buddy OO 08-05-2005 11:01 PM

You are right about the merc drives, they will not hold 2500hp, but BPM's will . The turbine boats are awesome. I'm convinced that the Zuls are the way to go. Richie is a honest straight shooting guy who I've had the chance to speak with in detail over the past 3 days.He will only produce the best and then stand behind it. The 750-800 Efi is looking like the setup. still have to decide on the drive.

Jonas 08-06-2005 02:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
its funny how there are really no sales people anymore..
if u have a better product avail sell it,,, merc sucks we all know that,.
its sales not order taking...
u want happy customers in the long run sell it,,,,

ever hear of zig zigler... ??????????
nothing happens untill u sell something!!!!

i cant believe i bought a bout with xrs and sportmaster lowers JUNK!!
i can flat tell u that as a consumer i was not educated by the sales people..in general they are weak in the boat industry,
just my o4 cents :drink:
lets go rubber boating..
check out
www.californiafastboats.com
now these are different and fun.
and we are educating the public that zodiac sucks!!! :evilb:

Jassman 08-06-2005 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by Rik
This is getting out of hand, but the Hustler you named had to be either Matt Schade or Tim Friend, both of which are in your area and purchased the boats with the Arneson's. Both of those boats according to the owners are not a problem to dock.

Lets not forget TYSON! Although he has no reverse, or neutral or anything come to think of it. Merely direct drive and I hope you are not comparing that as an example. There are several other boats on LOTO with Arneson's as well.

As for the shoot out, which ever boat will be the fastest will not have Merc on it or any of the others you mentioned.

Also Lake Cumberland has or had as of June this year a 388 with Ilmor power and the ASD-6's, another example. Then you have the KE Turbo 388 boat, but havent heard anything on this as of yet.

Rik 08-06-2005 10:23 AM

Funny you mentioned the 388 with Vipers as it is the boat that convinced Eric Smith (Mean Streak) to purchase a new 388 with Arneson's as he liked the way the boat handled, drove and docked.

EdNewman 08-08-2005 02:41 PM

I'm thinking about Ilmor 625's to put in a new Donzi 38ZR. Anyone actually have these in their boat? How many hours have you put in, what has broken (must be something) and how were they in helping get them fixed?

I am tired of broken blue, my 525's just went out of warranty with <70 hours they have spent more time in power reduction or at the dealer than being used. Parts are a big joke, 4-6 weeks to get anything and Merc does not seem to give a $#!@. Thankfully the dealer has been real nice.