Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   need a drive shipped from lip ship to nj (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/109113-need-drive-shipped-lip-ship-nj.html)

stecz20 08-02-2005 03:33 PM

need a drive shipped from lip ship to nj

anyone out there coming this way, or know of a trucking co.. i need to get a drive up north... stecz

Interceptor 08-02-2005 04:25 PM

Re: need a drive shipped from lip ship to nj

Stez,
If you end up shipping that drive make sure it is properly packaged. I had two drives shipped to me last winter from Florida. They were wrapped in bubble wrap and banded to a wood pallet.
When I removed the bubble wrap one drive had a broken skeg. I had insured the shipment but the shipper recently (six months later) denied the claim based on improper packaging.
Fortunatly the repair wasn't that expensive.

One of you people,
ed

OldSchool 08-02-2005 04:31 PM

Road Trip!!! :evilb: :drink: :evilb: :drink:

yesrej 08-02-2005 04:38 PM

i had a drive shipped to florida and i had a crate made up for it but when its was shipped back it was just wrapped in bubble wrap. luckly there was nothing wrong with it. just be careful stecz.
get that sh it back soon.

CMG 08-02-2005 04:58 PM

a friend is a sales guy in Boston for Forward Air,I can ask him how much and how fast via truck if you want. Like interceptor said, make sure extra effort put into packaging and take pics before leaves.

stecz20 08-02-2005 05:19 PM

thanks cmg, i like the fact when we leave the yanks thread we can all get along like real people, well almost real people, not really sure what masher and jc are.. well call them people for now....lol
philly lip ship is the one shipping it to me so im sure he knows what hes doing... thanks to all, and no road trip craig, im going to see your sorry ass soon enough.... your fearless leader Mr. Wonderful

GLH 08-02-2005 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by stecz20
anyone out there coming this way, or know of a trucking co.. i need to get a drive up north... stecz

Cheap fu@k it's a buck fifty to ground ship. It'll take three days... that's the fastest that drive will travel for long frigin time since it'l be tagged to your Cafe from then on, sailor... :D

masi242 08-02-2005 05:38 PM

stecz that had to hurt :D

cuda 08-02-2005 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by GLH
Cheap fu@k it's a buck fifty to ground ship. It'll take three days... that's the fastest that drive will travel for long frigin time since it'l be tagged to your Cafe from then on, sailor... :D

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

It's probably easier to ship a new spinaker Sailor.

cuda 08-02-2005 05:42 PM

I had a drive shipped the other direction a few years ago, as I recall, it was about a hundred dollars. Strapped to a pallet, no damage.