Notices

superboat y2k or extreme?

Old 08-02-2005, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default superboat y2k or extreme?

I'm interested in the Y2k and the Extreme 29' pleasure.has anyone seen 1 or both of these boats in person.what did you think.I like the looks of the y2k better but the interior better on the extreme.they look to be about the same price and qaulity.dont know about the ride.both look to be pretty fast.would like to have one built without power.build a brand new 500-600 h.p. 502 with an xr drive.thanks for any information.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:22 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 259 Likes on 92 Posts
Default Re: superboat y2k or extreme?

man you sure picked a tough choice. they are both incredable boats. my personal choice is the Extreme. as a glass guy my self i really like the way they are built.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 08-02-2005 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:40 PM
Registered

haven't gotten too far into layup differences but the extreme has alot more info about it on there site.
Old 08-02-2005, 08:44 PM
Registered

both seem to be really small as far as cockpit,cabin size but never heard anything bad about there handling or performance.
in the end it's your choice
Old 08-02-2005, 09:12 PM
Registered

yes,but i wanta fast single engine boat.think i can deal with the small cockpit if it means more speed and down here its too hot to even go into the cabin.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Sorry, I don't know much about the Extreme but I've had the oppertunity to visit the Superboat plant twice this year. That 30 Y2K has got to be the best buy in the performance boat market.

How can you beat a 75 mph boat made with new technology for under 60K????
Old 08-02-2005, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Extreme will be faster. The SuperBoat will be a little more comfortable. Depending on how they are rigged, I would bet with that kind of HP the Extreme is going to be a handful. The canopied boats can run mid 90s with a lot less HP, and it would be heavier. They are not a point and click type boat it will take a fair amount of driver (throttle & trim) input to keep it flying straight.
It's a matter of what you're looking for. From flat out going fast, and from a quality standpoint you can't beat the Extreme. For a little my comfort I'd say SuperBoat. I think a Y2K with 650 HP and a box can run about 100.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought a Y2K and am very impressed. The cockpit has more room than my old 31 Sonic. Superboat is bare bones. Nothing fancy, no padding all over the place, no creature comforts. If you buy new you can have it built anyway you want, no power, no interior. Customize as you want and still get a great boat at a great price. I don't have much seat time, but it handles very well and solid. It does lean to one side, but I noticed with a 5 blade prop spinning left it will level out when you increase power. It will definately take more than 650 hp to reach 100 mph. The best thing to do is ride in both with equal power.
Old 08-02-2005, 11:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree with what everyone has said for the most part. For a 29' boat the Extreme is small and will ride smaller than the Y2K. But if it's only about being the fastest then the Extreme will do. I personaly want almost the fastest and alot more boat. As for construction I don't know the Extreme but the Superboat is stronger than all the west coast rigs I'm familar with. Maybe Lavey is equal, they bag $$ thier 2750 as an option. Don't put down money until you look at both.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by faceoff
haven't gotten too far into layup differences but the extreme has alot more info about it on there site.
Call John at Superboat. He will tell you anything you want to know.

Quick Reply: superboat y2k or extreme?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.