Notices

DEA has my boat ........?

Old 08-04-2005, 02:44 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts
Default Re: DEA has my boat ........?

No problem, the "not" funny thing is I'm one of the "National" people too, so I'll wait for your next call......
Old 08-04-2005, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn bro...real sorry to hear that.

your luck with dealers aint been so good huh?

i'll stop trying to be funny now.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn Greg.. Glad to hear you got some news on the fountain though. Maybe you'll get to do a little boating after all. LOL..
Old 08-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Gold Member

woah.. that will be wild... If you need to go to GA and get it, let me know Greg... I can run up there with ya with my truck if there is anything left to bring back.... Im thinkin that lil F150 isnt gonna pull that..

Hope you get it back in any shape, then at least you can get SOMETHING back out of it!
Old 08-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 798 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by rastaboatin
I had an SUV that was recovered by the DEA and when they asked me if I wanted to come and see it and decide if I wanted it back the storage fees were in the thousands because I couldn't get it back until the court case was over, the windows were down the whole time and they sliced through the back seats with a knife and tore them open, so I told them just keep it, and I got my isurance to cover the loss, the only good thing was I did get some of my little stuff I did have in the suv like cds componet sets etc...don't want to get you down just want to let you know what you might want to expect they dont really give a rats azz about anybody stuff.
It just doesen't seem right that if your a innocent 3rd party property holder and the dea or ANY govermeny agency recovers YOUR stolen property that you would have to pay ANYTHING,Smitty
Old 08-04-2005, 05:41 PM
Registered

That is how I felt but they meaning your (dea,local law inforcement etc..) and damage you vehicle you are paying, I had a similar instance when my iroc was stolen and they found it with just the rims missing which was fine I could have bought new rims but the damage was done when the cops hooked it up to the flat bed and drug it up ripping the nose tearing the exhaust off and bending the disc breaks, thats why I said they don't care about it when they impound them.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:33 PM
Registered

I am in Cumming GA and if I can help,let me know.

Todd Howerton
Outlaw Disc Brakes
Outlaw Performance Products
Old 08-04-2005, 06:45 PM
Registered

Thanks but that was back in 1995.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:00 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 790 Likes on 257 Posts

New info.....

The boat is apparently STILL in the Atlanta area. It was recovered in a warehouse still on the trailer and appears to have been there a while.

Officer stated he was not a boat "expert" but their appeared to be no interior damage. The trailer has 6 flat tires and is still sitting properly under the boat.

Now the tough part, it "appears" there was a fire outside(but near) the boat and there is a black "mark" near the gunnel about 6 ft. in front of the transom. It doesn't appear to have been in the boat, and no apparent glass damage, but it is stained as smoke does. The officer reiterated the fact he is not an expert and believes the boat is in good shape overall.(?)

I can have some access to it early next week, but the turnover may take a while as the suspect states he bought the boat new in 1998. That would be okay if it wasn't a 1988 model !! The DEA seems to want no part of the boat and informed the Detective that if I had paperwork showing ownership they would turn it over to Forsyth who would then turn it loose to me.

Member rbr2328, a friend, has been accepted by the law to go see the boat for me and assess the condition. I'm still hopeful and will keep this on the board til it's conclusion.

Greg
Old 08-04-2005, 10:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Re: DEA has my boat ........?

Awesome !! Hope it works out for you. It would be nice for the good guys to finally win one.

Quick Reply: DEA has my boat ........?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.