Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Just Curious..Laveycraft (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/109386-just-curious-laveycraft.html)

Dean Ferry 07-22-2009 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Quent (Post 2915415)
I must agree with what has been said about Lavey in the previous posts. I had the Lavey cat, bowrider version, BBC w/Whipple. I sold that and got their 24 walk through bow rider with an Ilmor 710, more grandkid friendly. This 24 footer is my 39th boat and I must say I can never envision owning anything but a Lavey. They are that good. Quent

Q,
You are my hero! 39th boat, WOW! I need to show this post to my wife, to show her that my boating disease is not as bad as some people's.......:ernaehrung004:

BTW, my buddy had a 20.8 Lavey Mod VP style tunnel, and it was a great boat!
Dean

Wobble 07-22-2009 11:52 AM

There is a nice looking Lavey Sabrecat in the classifieds located in Texas, no price though

Quent 07-22-2009 06:05 PM

Dean, I think in your best interest, my wife should not ever talk to your wife. Actually, other than turning a Hydrostream over backward and and almost dying, Carole has been cautiously supportive. It has taken 41 years of boating to rack up the number both in boats and blown budgets. I am slowing down somewhat. Now I just want to be able to pull an inner tube at 12 mph and then go 100mph when I dump them off. I am getting close. Best regards, Quent

lavey jr 07-22-2009 07:53 PM

Hey Quent how fast have you gotten your boat up to? i bet it accelerats HARD!!
I love that boat and watched it through out the whole build but never got to goto the lake tests...

Quent 07-23-2009 04:22 PM

Jr., 93 so far. I changed to a 28 Hydromotive Quad 4X from the Bravo 1 4 Blade that was labbed. I am down 100 to 150 rpms but the Hydromotive is consistentaly 2 miles per hour faster, however, it has very thick blades. I think I will have Bret at BBlades thin the blades some and I should pick up another 1 or 2 mph with some luck

The thing that I like is the prop is so robust that I make toothpicks of wood trash with out dings. A mile or so an hour is tempting. Maybe I'll come to my senses and stay with thick blades.

My family likes this boat better than anything that I have ever had. Its just very family friendly but still relatively fast and very quick.

But I ain't done.

Boat safely and tell the family hello for me.

Best regards, Quent

Catmando 07-23-2009 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser (Post 1414084)
I saw a Laveycraft run in the St. Clair race last weekend. I looked and we don't have a Laveycraft room. Just wondered why>?

Anyone have one? I am interested in knowing what they are all about.

There IS a Laveycraft forum. Go look in that area.

lavey jr 07-23-2009 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Quent (Post 2916725)
Jr., 93 so far. I changed to a 28 Hydromotive Quad 4X from the Bravo 1 4 Blade that was labbed. I am down 100 to 150 rpms but the Hydromotive is consistentaly 2 miles per hour faster, however, it has very thick blades. I think I will have Bret at BBlades thin the blades some and I should pick up another 1 or 2 mph with some luck

The thing that I like is the prop is so robust that I make toothpicks of wood trash with out dings. A mile or so an hour is tempting. Maybe I'll come to my senses and stay with thick blades.

My family likes this boat better than anything that I have ever had. Its just very family friendly but still relatively fast and very quick.

But I ain't done.

Boat safely and tell the family hello for me.

Best regards, Quent

Quent,
93mph is a good respectable number, especialy for a 24' boat.
Personaly I would keep the prop as you have it then when or IF it gets dinged then lab it and thin the blades. 1-2 mph is always better but I would say keep what you have and keep enjoying it with the family. But again, its your boat so do whatever pleases you.

Ill be sure to say hello to the family for you.