Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Just Curious..Laveycraft (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/109386-just-curious-laveycraft.html)

Hydrocruiser 08-05-2005 05:30 PM

Just Curious..Laveycraft

I saw a Laveycraft run in the St. Clair race last weekend. I looked and we don't have a Laveycraft room. Just wondered why>?

Anyone have one? I am interested in knowing what they are all about.

Lmarth 08-05-2005 06:22 PM

Re: Just Curious..Laveycraft

A friend of mine bought a new 21'. If you do some research, you'll find their build quality to be right up there with the best. No paint or decals. The graphics are in the gel coat and they now vacuum bag. They were National Champs in F-1 at least once and Powerboat Magazine had them tops in their catagory a number of times. Six years ago, I negotiated with the Camires (Laveycraft) and Pfaff Engines on a hull that was never built, I belive in part to the untimely death of Eddie Morantz who designed their bottoms. There's not a lot of them out there despite having been around quite a few years. They're more popular on the West Coast. I hope this helps!

hotlavey 08-06-2005 01:41 PM

Lavey is one of the best, at least out here on the left coast. They raced off-shore( a 2750) last year and were undefeated until the Worlds. Then, due to some political BS and rule changes, they finished 2nd. They are racing this year, one factory and one private that I know about. Factory will be canopied so not in the Factory 1 class anymore(Super V's I think). I own a 2750 myself, vacuum bagged and balsa cored, Whippled HP EFI, and I love it. Quality is fantastic. Great people to work with too.

GoCiggie31 08-06-2005 02:35 PM

I had a Lavey Craft prior to my Wellcraft and was very pleased with the overall quality of Lavey Craft. Fit/finish was outstanding and the rigging was very hi-quality. Resale value for a boat was above average in the west coast. As also stated, Lavey has been very successful in offshore races.
No disappointments

Semper Fi 08-06-2005 03:41 PM

Lavey builds a great boat. They also seriously care that their customers are completely happy. You cn't go wrong with a Laveycraft.

Balaboys 06-17-2009 08:25 AM

LaveyCraft XCS

I am looking at an XCS closed bow with 454, 2000 model year. Anything out of the ordinary that I should check or beware of?

Uncle Dave 06-26-2009 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Balaboys (Post 2890345)
I am looking at an XCS closed bow with 454, 2000 model year. Anything out of the ordinary that I should check or beware of?

Awesome boat-

Just check normal wear stuff like gimbal play, lift up on the skeg and see how much play is in it.

Have 2 laveys now- one is 18 years old and is still magazine quality.

Great family owned company, Awesome product, Great people.

They take care of their clients and back their products up with great service. Cant say enough good things about em.

Uncle Dave

LaveyDave 07-21-2009 02:08 PM

I am on my second Lavey. Great boat, bullet_proof. Had a 21 xtski open bow for ten years. Now I have the 28 party prowler deck boat. Put the 600 Sci in it and it runs great even if you bring ALL your friends. Camire's (LaveyCraft) are the greatest people going and truly care. Boat's name is Liquid Sanity and I run it on th Parker Strip, mostly.

Quent 07-22-2009 08:04 AM

I must agree with what has been said about Lavey in the previous posts. I had the Lavey cat, bowrider version, BBC w/Whipple. I sold that and got their 24 walk through bow rider with an Ilmor 710, more grandkid friendly. This 24 footer is my 39th boat and I must say I can never envision owning anything but a Lavey. They are that good. Quent

BajaFresh 07-22-2009 10:17 AM

They are great boats. I have not owned one but know people who have. The new 39 is stunningly beautiful and runs strong. Good people too.