Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boats that just sit there (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/109432-boats-just-sit-there.html)

jayboat 08-07-2005 04:44 PM

Re: Boats that just sit there

Same thing in Newport Beach... I used to spend the night in the harbor from time to time- never more than 10 or 20% of the houses had lights on, but big azz fiberglass everywhere. Amazing, but I know I won't ever have to worry about what to do with that kind of money...

woogie 08-07-2005 05:18 PM

I know one guy.. the same fuel for 3 years - just keep dumping in double doses of STA-BIL ... may as well just leave the travel hoist running and put her back in storage and save the slip fee. Lotta diff reasons .... buddy used to buy new boat every year or two for 20 years and never used them... asked him once and said - I don't need to use them - all I need to do is know I can if I want..... Quite common.

cbgenrl 08-07-2005 06:57 PM

I boated 16 different days in June and 17 in July. The lake is 45 minutes from the house. The wife likes the weekdays, fellas on the weekends, what am I going to do stay home???

My truck is out front so much the other slip renters think its marina staff :evilb: :evilb:

ECeptor 08-07-2005 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by TwinStepGun
There's a basically brand new 2002 Rough Rider on Grand Lake that I have seen out twice since it was purchased. It gets cleaned every Friday and that's it.
(

Is there an older cat called "Flying Colors" still at Grand Lake? I think it is a 30something ft. Cougar. If it's still there, I don't think the owner uses it anymore.

ECeptor 08-07-2005 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by woogie
I know one guy.. the same fuel for 3 years - just keep dumping in double doses of STA-BIL ... may as well just leave the travel hoist running and put her back in storage and save the slip fee. Lotta diff reasons .... buddy used to buy new boat every year or two for 20 years and never used them... asked him once and said - I don't need to use them - all I need to do is know I can if I want..... Quite common.

If I spent that kind of $$$ on anything I'd feel guilty about not using it.

apache21 08-07-2005 10:44 PM

I don't think the cougar is still there. I used to drive the boat over there and look at it all the time when I dreamed of owning a cat. It was at Port Carlos

Steve_H 08-08-2005 07:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by FeverMike
What Rock touring thing did you do? I'm in the music industry too.

Anyway, there is a nice 36 Apache in my neighborhood that just sits there on the lift...never goes out! The guys with fishing boats and 26-35 foot cruisers are out all the time and the guys with perforamnce boats never go out...at least it seems that way in Tampa! I will go out all day every weekend and my 36 Concept ill be the hottest boat all day on the water...can you imagine that!

Bull Roar?

Shooter 08-08-2005 07:21 AM

This is why mine is for sale. Super busy and have others hobbies like SCUBA... I'll be moving to something smaller on a trailer.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-4248.html

ECeptor 08-08-2005 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by apache21
I don't think the cougar is still there. I used to drive the boat over there and look at it all the time when I dreamed of owning a cat. It was at Port Carlos

A very good friend of mine has piloted her a few times. He showed me the boat once a few years ago. Was just wondering what happened to her and her owner (Ron).

BLee 08-08-2005 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by ECeptor
A very good friend of mine has piloted her a few times. He showed me the boat once a few years ago. Was just wondering what happened to her and her owner (Ron).

I went to Port Carlos about a month ago specifically to see if it was still there. It was gone along with Ron's houseboat and jet boat. I rode with Ron in it back around 1995. He was a cool guy.