Notices

Boats that just sit there

Old 08-06-2005, 09:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow Boats that just sit there

Ever notice that summer comes and summer goes and there are some great cruisers and offshore boats that seem to be hardly if ever used?

I can't imagine getting a boat and not even going out to it to drink beer on it now and then.

The reason for this thread is my friends and I know several boaters who truly have a boat just for bragging rights.

There are more than a few out there. i just don't quite get it.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Boats that just sit there

I used my boat twice last year, and the year before that never used it.

I went out once this year but broke a drive. I have a new spare drive
just haven't put it on yet.

I think the reason a lot of boats sit is because the owners are just to busy to use them. I have cars I don't drive and bikes that rarely get used.

I would love to use them but the truth is I'm a workaholic and I would
bet thats the case with a lot of boat owners. I know its the single thing
that has stopped me from buying a newer Topgun or a Nortech. If I did
buy it would just sit also, so I use that money for investing back in my
business.
Old 08-06-2005, 10:55 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every story is differnt, we see people all the time with cruisers that only go out in a dingy. They sit on a chair behind their boat on a small strip or grass in a marina and drink all day long thinking they are boating

We have spent a few years when we were building our new home, with the offshore in the driveway, little time or money to use it, but we did not want to sell it. Lots of stories............................
Old 08-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Registered

yeah it kind of makes mad I just got married, just moved,just started a new jobs,had to sell boat to do all this and can't afford one right now and every other dock where i live the boats haven't moved in months.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Every story is differnt, we see people all the time with cruisers that only go out in a dingy. They sit on a chair behind their boat on a small strip or grass in a marina and drink all day long thinking they are boating

We have spent a few years when we were building our new home, with the offshore in the driveway, little time or money to use it, but we did not want to sell it. Lots of stories............................
Yup everyone is different. For me summer is my slow season since I am not doing the rock touring thing anymore and mainly doing corporate stuff. my season is sept - dec and jan- may the rest of the time for the most part is mine to boat and I do ( when I actually have a boat and not just one being made ) this summer has been tough because my boat is 3 months late now so I will get a whopping 3 weeks and maybe come down for the worlds and thats about it. next year I will do over 120 hrs though.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:20 PM
Registered

I guess what makes me even more mad then that is not the people that don't use them but the people that abuse them like amount of boat I see around here (loto) that don't get used but set with no covers I just want to say to the owner "look let me take care of in exchange of you letting me use it" instead of just letting the boat go to crap.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by rastaboatin
I guess what makes me even more mad then that is not the people that don't use them but the people that abuse them like amount of boat I see around here (loto) that don't get used but set with no covers I just want to say to the owner "look let me take care of in exchange of you letting me use it" instead of just letting the boat go to crap.

Exactly. I cringe every time I see an uncovered boat.

My use of my toys has evolved over time. It used to be the motorcycle was only for weekend mornings. Now it's my daily commuter and I never ride on the weekends. The boat occasionally (1/2 dozen x per season) get's wet on a weekday, but those days are rare. However, I try my damnest to get out one every weekend. But sometimes it just has to sit.
Old 08-07-2005, 03:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

There's two real nice '38 Formulas at my marina. One get's used once a mont or so. The other one I have not seen move yet this year.

Boating is a priority for me. I boat every weekend if the weather is good. I usually find the time to go out at least once during the week too. I boat Mar-Nov. A lot of people around me don't even think about putting in until May, and they are done by Sept.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:29 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

An idle boat is a Broke Boat ..... we go at least once a week .. even if its just a run down the river and back ......
Old 08-07-2005, 09:15 AM
Registered

Location: On the back of a chicks M3..If you're gonna ride my ass at least pull my hair!!

My boat buddy's give me **** about it all the time...I use mine about 3-5 times a year BUT each time is for 3 days. I just like it to be worth it to me when I use it...Its gotta be cleaned each time and uncovered.Pulled outta the yard(a real *****)....it just goes on and on.Our boat trips are planned and really spoil us to using it for a few hours.

Quick Reply: Boats that just sit there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.