Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   anyone ever do some prop dreging? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/109457-anyone-ever-do-some-prop-dreging.html)

ratman 08-07-2005 01:47 PM

Re: anyone ever do some prop dreging?

all the neighbors chipped in on the rope ect. they are all ready to be able to use the canal again.

wananewboat 08-07-2005 01:53 PM

Please take some video this should be classic.

Outdrive1 08-07-2005 02:02 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:

McGary911 08-07-2005 02:05 PM

I've dredged my slip for my 34' Silverton. Just tied it up, bow in, extra ropes to the poles off the stern......just idled in gear for about 20 minutes.....We had plenty of depth after that. Doing it slowly, on a fast incoming tide allowed the current to disperse the "fill" very nicely, so i wasnt building a lump outside of my slip. What you're trying is like what i did X 20. Good luck.....and yeah, vid and pics would be cool.

bobonthis 08-07-2005 02:09 PM

Don't they have any rental boats around there you can do this with I hate to see you mess up your own boat. This just sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

GOODT 08-07-2005 02:22 PM

we did a whole marina a few years ago but we used a pilot boat with 1200 diesels with huge wheels tied the pilot boat off and just let it sit there a while moved did it again it worked but the boat was huge

ratman 08-07-2005 02:28 PM

i called everywhere trying to rent something. nada, we all pitched in and bought a 16 baha with a merc 115 to get things opened enough to get my cig in there on a good high tide. then it should get a lil more interesting

Shorgasm 08-07-2005 02:37 PM

People down here do this type of thing....I have a small bay about a 1/4 mile behind my house.Things go on there by the waterfront owners that the city would frown on..I could careless.

You should be fine but I wouldn't be doing it with my Cig...things happen...stuff moves around and hits things.Just use the little boat back and forth.

t500hps 08-07-2005 02:54 PM

I wish I could be there to watch this. Apparently you know this is frowned upon but since everyone around is in on the gig you shouldn't have that problem. I've cleared a slip before so this mould work depending on tie-off locations, etc. I'd at least try to put on some banged up props. Anyone have any that need tuning anyway???

ratman 08-07-2005 03:49 PM

anybody got a pair of banged up props for ssm#3a's? any ptich