Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Sml 4 Labor Day (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/109511-sml-4-labor-day.html)

Swede 08-30-2005 10:41 AM

Re: Sml 4 Labor Day

I know we have atleast 3 boats coming from NC. Probably more.

I should be up Thursday afternoon(White/purple 30' Spectre). I guess I'll have to break the mufflers out for the first time this year.

AMERICAN BAD A$$ 08-30-2005 04:06 PM

Are you talking about the church that's on the Westlake side of the bridge ?
Who had the blown Fountain down there last weekend ?It went by the house and immediately cured the cabin fever .

mwdill 08-30-2005 07:46 PM

weather looks great for this weekend,75 during the day ,and 55 for nite time lows.
how many people are planning on sleeping on their boats?

mwdill 08-30-2005 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by engreps
We are always at SML.

Stop buy our dock. at Lake Side.
Dock across from Lake Side Marina
Checkmate 283 will be hung in the dock.

Who started SMLPBA and any info would be great.
[email protected]

are you planning on meeting at the bridge sat morning?

Swede 08-30-2005 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by AMERICAN BAD A$$
Who had the blown Fountain down there last weekend ?It went by the house and immediately cured the cabin fever .

Was it a 35' with funky blue and purple paint? If so, it was probably Cowboy and Kurt from Winston. I think they are NA 598CI and they definitely sound big. I think they were staying at my uncles up near Indian Point.

Blue by You 08-30-2005 08:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by AMERICAN BAD A$$
Are you talking about the church that's on the Westlake side of the bridge ?

Here's the info:

We as the SMLPBA will be attending this forum. Please email me if you are able to make this and want to be represented with/thru the SMLPBA. [email protected] Even if you'd rather not... I'd say everyone who can, should make this... It can only lead to good things if we are supportive of the objective of making the water safer for all...

Boating forum set for Sept. 8

Following the tragic boating fatalities on Aug. 20 at Smith Mountain Lake, the Department of Game & Inland Fisheries and the SML Water Safety Council are sponsoring a public forum for area residents to be held Thursday, Sept. 8 at 6 p.m. at Trinity Ecumenical Parish.

The purpose of the forum is to receive input from local residents on making boating safer at SML.

Col. Gerald Massengill, Interim Director of the Department of Game & Inland Fisheries, will attend the session. Many SML community leaders and county and state elected officials will be invited.

While Lake patrols, sobriety checks, fire and rescue activities, and boater education are at their highest levels since the dam was constructed in the mid sixties, so are the number of boats, the velocity of high-performance boats, the rate of boating incidents, and the number of boating fatalities, said Ralph Brush of the SML Water Safety Council in a news release about the forum.

Residents of SML are urged to attend and state their opinions on what needs to be done to make the Lake safer, the news release concluded.

Blue by You 08-30-2005 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Swede
I know we have atleast 3 boats coming from NC. Probably more.

I should be up Thursday afternoon(White/purple 30' Spectre). I guess I'll have to break the mufflers out for the first time this year.

Never heard of any noice problems as long as you have flappers or water running thru your pipes. MWDILL knows better than I do...

AMERICAN BAD A$$ 08-30-2005 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Swede
Was it a 35' with funky blue and purple paint? If so, it was probably Cowboy and Kurt from Winston. I think they are NA 598CI and they definitely sound big. I think they were staying at my uncles up near Indian Point.

That was it , that thing sounded nasty , I thought it was blown . We're only 1 mile from indian point , thats where I keep my boat and put in ..

Blue by You 08-30-2005 08:11 PM

Last thing...check out this website... they are taking a poll on the left hand side about having a speed limit on the water... not telling you how to vote but if you would just vote for us it would be great!! Just would hate to see more regulation that is uninforcable and less education. But vote how you will. Thanks!

http://www.smithmountaineagle.com/

TwistedTight 08-30-2005 08:20 PM

Thank's Blue.

See you guy's Saturday