Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   The Martiniboat Story (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/109687-martiniboat-story.html)

DoTheMath 08-10-2005 08:10 AM

Re: The Martiniboat Story

Wow, that IS quite a story Brian... Glad you had the sense to go find some friends and get your head back on straight before you cracked. It can happen - at times it seems all to easily these days - and as you said, in the end it's your health (physical and mental) that matters most! Best of luck to you going forward and keep chasing the dream, it's what makes getting up each day that much more exciting. :)

-Mark-

floatingphil 08-10-2005 08:14 AM

Originally Posted by martiniboat
…a little shaken, not stirred.

Glad to see you havn't lost your sense of humour.
Phil

O.C.Barry 08-10-2005 10:47 AM

Gives a whole new meaning to the 'Pee' in SlurPee!

Seriously Brian, it is good that you shared your experience because it's easy in this stressful world to get out there close to the edge. Friends pulled you back and that's a great thing that you let them know you were in trouble so they could do something. I had a nightclub operator friend, Bill Bixler in Ocean City, Maryland that was going through a very stressfull time. Unlike you he didn't reach out to people and wound up taking a swan dive off of an 11th floor balcony. I'm not saying this to be a buzz - kill, just reinforcing that you did the right thing. I would have much rather been having a Grand Marnier with Bill than being at his very well-attended funeral.

If you're at the Key West races, the Grand Marnier is on me. (Not thrown from a cup though! - LOL)

Barry

Milord 08-10-2005 11:26 AM

Brian, just glad to hear that you are alright. If there is anything you need, don't hesitate to call, remember I'm only an hour drive away. Even if it's just to go boating and low off some steam, you are always welcome on my boat.

James

X-Rated30 08-10-2005 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by martiniboat
I know I didn’t handle my stress in a responsible adult-like fashion.

Actually, I disagree. You didn't do anything harmful to yourself or anyone else. You acted like an adult and had the sense to take a little time off and relax with friends. If people were worried about you, that was unfortunate, but unavoidable. You did what needed to be done.

Glad you are o.k. :cool:

martiniboat 08-11-2005 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
Actually, I disagree. You didn't do anything harmful to yourself or anyone else. You acted like an adult and had the sense to take a little time off and relax with friends. If people were worried about you, that was unfortunate, but unavoidable. You did what needed to be done.

Glad you are o.k. :cool:

Your understanding is much appreciated :cool:

Speedgirl...always have time for a spanking... :D :evilb: :drink:

BLee 01-10-2006 09:55 AM

:(

NJgr8ful 01-10-2006 10:22 AM

What happened TSG? :confused:

NJgr8ful 01-10-2006 10:29 AM

Just read after a search :( :( :( Brian was a good guy