Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   looking for comments on paint design/4300 Nortech (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/109731-looking-comments-paint-design-4300-nortech.html)

masher44 08-10-2005 05:37 PM

Re: looking for comments on paint design/4300 Nortech

You could paint that boat with a brush and it would still be bad ass....

I like the blue/silver/black concept...............................

ok... maybe a tad bit of purple :D

dank368 08-10-2005 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Jassman
The colors look good, the other side is reverse, blue/green, the design is simple and OK if you are like over that 45 age group. :evilb: :D :D Kinda of an old mans boat..:D :drink:

I guess it all depends on what you feel. I used to like really subtle and simple boats (still do somewhat) but loud colors just look good out on the water. Dark colors don't look good next to the dark water. Your boat will be bad a$$, make the paint bad a$$ too. Make your boat a piece of art.....paint your car subtle.
Just my .02

Jassman 08-10-2005 07:11 PM

I like the lines of the Nortech, and like bright colors similiar to your Skater Dank. Im just trying to tone it down a bit and get more fades for resale, just in case I decide like I always say Im going to keep this boat. I caught alot of sh!t with my last 43, some thought it was "hey look at me kinda of a paint job" but I loved it, and every person who saw it liked it with the exception of Open 72, but he cant help it :evilb: :D

rouxsterre 08-10-2005 07:50 PM

Second group, third pic, #1 . . . .

Question: When you buy a Nor-Tech, is there something in the contract that states that you MUST include "Nor-Tech" in the graphics ? ? ? . . .

I don't think I've ever seen one without it . . . honestly.

Sean H 08-10-2005 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by rouxsterre
I don't think I've ever seen one without it . . . honestly.

i've seen plenty... look good either way

how many cigs do you see that don't say cigarette?

Jassman 08-10-2005 07:55 PM

I dont like it either, the only place will be on the deck, not on the sides, not on the sunpad, no 4300 Super V look at me on the sides either. less clutter the better, more fades, highlights and outlines.

GLH 08-10-2005 07:58 PM

Keep the darker colors to the sides...

They are a biotch to walk on in the sun, also adhesives tend to release under them.

Jassman 08-10-2005 08:04 PM

how is silver to walk on vs blue or red...my last 430 was a copper/orange with silver accents, wasnt too too bad.

rouxsterre 08-10-2005 08:16 PM

Second group, 1st pic, #1 . . .
Looks like a Nor-Tech from a distance, even without the "logo" . . . I like that one probably second-best.
Maybe too dark to walk on ? ? . . I wouldn't know. I always wear deck shoes.

Mentalpause 08-10-2005 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by Sean H
i see sixes in that pic.... no arnesons? :D :evilb:

:eek: :eek: :eek: