Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Nashville Cats Pics from Today! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/109782-nashville-cats-pics-today.html)

thunderusone 08-10-2005 10:13 PM

Re: Nashville Cats Pics from Today!

Originally Posted by f311fr1
What lake and ramp did you use? Joe Murray

Shutes Branch, Old Hickory Lake

Sean H 08-10-2005 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by thunderusone
Shutes Branch, Old Hickory Lake

spill the beans on the speed... :D :drink:

ChiToWn TapouT 08-10-2005 10:32 PM

Got any pics of that bad lad kicking up a tail?

thunderusone 08-10-2005 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by wicked tunnel
how was testing?

How fast is that 43'?

The boat has run 151 so far and ran out of gear with the big pulley's. Changed gears and have another 400 hp on tap with smaller pulleys if the notion strikes BG. I don't know what they ran today. I was on the bank as I have just had back surgery.

thunderusone 08-10-2005 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
Are those tires spares? I would not want my absolulty out of hand boat rubbing against big black tires. That is one sick set up there.

The tires are not spares. The trailer is so long that it falls off of the all of the local ramps and eventually buries into the mud before the boat will float. The trailer has steel skid plate jumpers that allow it to get back on the ramp and it it works very well. Once you get the trailer back as far as it will go, you hit a switch and all six tires raise up....they are on hydraulic rams inside of the mounts.....and the boat just rolls easily off into the water. Loads just as easily. When the boat is down on the runners there is absolutely no play, it is a very tight fit. Once you get it out of the water and tied down the trailer rotates the boat up nearly vertical...13'6" tall and 8'6" wide so that you do not have to have permits. There are pictures in Extreme boats of the trailer tilted, although not all the way up. The trailer is OFF THE HOOK! just the trailer weighs over 15,000 #'s. :eek:

Sean H 08-10-2005 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by thunderusone
The tires are not spares. The trailer is so long that it falls off of the all of the local ramps and eventually buries into the mud before the boat will float. The trailer has steel skid plate jumpers that allow it to get back on the ramp and it it works very well. Once you get the trailer back as far as it will go, you hit a switch and all six tires raise up....they are on hydraulic rams inside of the mounts.....and the boat just rolls easily off into the water. Loads just as easily. When the boat is down on the runners there is absolutely no play, it is a very tight fit. Once you get it out of the water and tied down the trailer rotates the boat up nearly vertical...13'6" tall and 8'6" wide so that you do not have to have permits. There are pictures in Extreme boats of the trailer tilted, although not all the way up. The trailer is OFF THE HOOK! just the trailer weighs over 15,000 #'s. :eek:

that's pretty f'n sweet.... :cool: :cool: :cool:

vette131 08-10-2005 10:53 PM

that trailer is sick!!!!

Steve Zuckerman 08-10-2005 10:53 PM

Thunderusone:
Saw you guys pulling out today. Sounds like you're getting her dialed in. Boat looks awesome on the trailer :cool: ..............
How's the back?
Regards,
Steve

thunderusone 08-10-2005 10:56 PM

Almost forgot....the trailer has six independant air bags with its own controller to equalized the load when tilted. Also, when you get it backed down the ramp, you hit a switch and it lays frame to drop the boat another 6 inches to help get it in the water. And has enough LED's that blink in an emergency pattern to look like the airport when you are tilting it.

Sean H 08-10-2005 10:58 PM

who built the trailer?