Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   HELP!! TwinStep... I need good news. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/109859-help-twinstep-i-need-good-news.html)

packinair 08-11-2005 02:34 PM

Re: HELP!! TwinStep... I need good news.

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
I sold my 32 Active Thunder last fall. It was sad but I knew fuel was going to be an issue. I bought a 20ft Zodiac RIB with a 115 Yamaha 4 stroke. I get 7mpg average and have seen 50 miles from 1/2 a 24 gallon tank so I could do better. I still get out there, now even more often, I can go 50, 55 with a stainless prop, I can put it in the garage and the dogs love it. I can beach it and it floats in 1ft of water. So far it has been a great decission and with every tick up in fuel cost it gets even better. I would say at this point selling a go fast could be a problem. I was spending $1000 a month on fuel last season, now I am at about $100 :eek: :D

where is that little flipping you off smilie when you need him :evilb:

packinair 08-11-2005 02:35 PM

[QUOTE=Sean H]he can't answer your post right now, he is busy ordering his new 42x with record oil profits.... :evilb: :drink: :evilb: [QUOTE]
I heard the hold up is they are trying to get it to run on c-notes instead of gas :drink:

bobonthis 08-11-2005 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by MitchStellin
I sold my 32 Active Thunder last fall. It was sad but I knew fuel was going to be an issue. I bought a 20ft Zodiac RIB with a 115 Yamaha 4 stroke. I get 7mpg average and have seen 50 miles from 1/2 a 24 gallon tank so I could do better. I still get out there, now even more often, I can go 50, 55 with a stainless prop, I can put it in the garage and the dogs love it. I can beach it and it floats in 1ft of water. So far it has been a great decission and with every tick up in fuel cost it gets even better. I would say at this point selling a go fast could be a problem. I was spending $1000 a month on fuel last season, now I am at about $100 :eek: :D

Sell now and sell cheap! I got a buyer. :D

BLee 08-11-2005 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by fund razor

You got ANY good news man???

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/i...ons/icon13.gif

fund razor 08-11-2005 02:39 PM

I shoulda bought a Zodiac like Mitch.
But...
At least I can use the boat as a camper.

I saw this coming so I bought a ride with small blocks, but still.

One dollar per gallon in one year?

It's out of control to the point where it is gonna kill the economy.

Sean H 08-11-2005 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by rastaboatin
Was one of my wifes clients in Ohio. Opps, Edit that maybe not she said , it was the guy who is the main manufactor for the hinges.

the car or the company?

BLee 08-11-2005 02:42 PM

It's pretty amazing. I have sat here for the last year with my mouth slowly dropping further and further to the floor. May have to lease the floor below us if it keeps up. :D

bobonthis 08-11-2005 02:44 PM

The company for the Lambo doors the guy who first started the idea was out of Ohio he is or was I am sure other people are manufactoring there own now the first guy who was producing the kits for the lambo doors.

Sean H 08-11-2005 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by rastaboatin
The company for the Lambo doors the guy who first started the idea was out of Ohio he is or was I am sure other people are manufactoring there own now the first guy who was producing the kits for the lambo doors.

these kits come from germany... former designer that worked on the xj220 started it...

fund razor 08-11-2005 02:46 PM

I was lulled into thinking it wouldn't get so bad so fast by the fact that gas prices were so stable for so long.

I guess that life changed pretty fast for our parents.

It seems like it is changing pretty fast for us now, too.