Originally Posted by sonicator
Or could it be my T shirt "cut me off and I will shoot you"
LMAO!!!!
Old 08-13-2005, 08:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Noise Boats vs Bikes

Originally Posted by Indy
I honestly don't get it. Here in CT there was a sound law just passed that includes Long Island Sound. Are you kidding me...the Sound??? This is a HUGE body of water. Who is the person who complained and started this action? If there was a boat that was too loud for someone, all they have to do is wait a minute or two and it's gone. It's like putting a noise restriction on the Atlantic Ocean...gimme a break

Exactly....most of the time the boats are hundereds if not thousands of feet away, not right next to you at a stop light.

However, some idiot passes a law that restricts boat noise, but on the way home they can get their head blown off by a bike 6 feet away from them at the red light they're stopped at. It make absolutely no sense to me. I do no advocate noise restrictions for bikes or boats, although the bike thing gets old after a while. The bike is gone in a few seconds so what's the big deal? Just because somebody complains, doesn't mean these idiots we ELECT need to do anything about it...sheesh.
When is the last time you ever heard of a biker being stopped for noise.....Never, at least I have'nt. But I've gotten stopped in the Hot Rod for noise, tires, exhaust, etc....and been harassed for the boat being too loud. I know it wont pass even with the mufflers on.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Gofastboater45
When is the last time you ever heard of a biker being stopped for noise.....Never, at least I have'nt. But I've gotten stopped in the Hot Rod for noise, tires, exhaust, etc....and been harassed for the boat being too loud. I know it wont pass even with the mufflers on.
There are several towns in Mass that have passed laws and are pulling bikes over.They will not tolerate bikes driving by with open pipes downtown setting off car alarms,etc etc..As far as the safety factor,like I said,there is loud and then there is obnoxious.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:23 AM
Registered

Daytona too at bike week will have an aggresive campaign to pull over loud bikes...........Thats Daytona home of bike week........Its always the complainers that get there say...Everybody forgets the charitys and dollars spent in there town. Like it was said they go bye and are gone in a few let it be........I can see burnouts or reving engines at 3am causing a stir, but target that not db levels in the middle of the day.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:20 AM
Registered

Angry Re: Noise Boats vs Bikes

I live in a beach town in Sw Florida on one of the two access roads to the beach. I can tell you on the weekends with a hundred or so bikes going by my place each day its getting real old fast. I have to have mufflers on my car and boat. so whats the deal with bikes? I'm not buying the safety issue crap. No help from the county sheriff dept yet. I guess I'll have to go up the ladder. Becoming increasing annoyed. PS not to mention the boom box noise from some of these cretins vehicles and the fart pipes on the four bangers.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:35 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Man I find it funny that we as boaters that produce a ton of noise are busting on bikes. I am not a fan but hey they do get your attention. I am sure that there are as many if not more people that hate the sounds of our boats..... I have a couple guys that rip it past my place in Maine all the time late at night. The cops are looking for him..... Loud pipes save lives is the moto and there is definatly some trueth to that. Unfortunatly it does not apply to the boats... Wish it did

Jon
Old 08-15-2005, 06:43 AM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Bikes... 150 HP on a good day... 20 MPG Anyone can run that.

If you have to carry your beer in your stomach, are under 1000 HP and over 1 mpg in a toy... your not really trying are you...
Old 08-15-2005, 06:45 AM
Registered

Arrow Re: Noise Boats vs Bikes

what grump said four bangers,boom boxes are the worst they go by too slowwww and people pull out on bikes no matter what I know still have my dry pipes on my outlaw
Old 08-15-2005, 06:49 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Last year I watched a Cop hold her ears when a bike was too loud, But yet she didn't stop him. I just stood there wondering if that was a boat would she pull it over ?
Old 08-15-2005, 07:19 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

crazy chit!

Quick Reply: Noise Boats vs Bikes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.