Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach >

Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

Notices

Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

Old 08-13-2005, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 293 Likes on 107 Posts
Default Re: Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

i sure would like to see a pic of the "initial touchdown area" that had to leave a mark ...
Old 08-13-2005, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dockrocker
I don't know exactly where they were, but the whole area around Metro Beach, especially to the south (Jacks Waterfront Bar is south of Metro Beach) is shallow - not a place I'd want to run during the day, let alone at night. Of course, it's easy to get disoriented at night - not a lot of lights in the park.

For reference (not the greatest, but to give you an idea), here's a chart. Jacks' is around #12, Metro Beach is #9. The other chart is a zoom of the south side of Metro Beach - not much there.
I've been to Metro Beach a few times. Not only is the water near Metro Beach shallow, but there is a NO WAKE ZONE at the entrance to the channel/canal leading into Metro Beach Park before the break wall starts. How do you launch a Top Gun over a breakwall and eject passengers at NO WAKE speed?

FCN' IDIOT!
Old 08-13-2005, 11:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Hmmmmm... Alcohol + Darkness, same old story. If you insist on being out after dark, SLOW DOWN!

I think darkness is a more of a factor than alcohol in a lot of these accidents. If the guy was in fact .25 and it was during daylight hours it probably wouldn't of happened. Boating at night is DANGEROUS even when sober.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
Alcohol was involved? I'm getting pretty tired of alcohol being blamed for anything that goes wrong. Sounds like an accident to me. .
Bullsh*t. Way too many people are out there drinking and driving. When I go to Lake Havasu, it might be 115 degrees....you can have 2-3 drinks over 4 hours and still probably be over the limit while in the hot sun. Of course, some places, like Havasu, have a ZERO tolerance level for alcohol related incidents.
People need to be smarter. They don't seem to realize thay could be risking other peoples lives.

Last edited by Semper Fi; 08-13-2005 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Semper - this may have been the wrong time or place to bring up this topic. And as more comes out - probably a very poor area to discuss this. I think the point I was trying to make was misread (or not properly stated).
If the guy was .25 - well, c'mon, we know he was rocked.
My point was simply, if you've had 1 drink, after that , according to the Law and the Media, any mishap that occurs is alcohol related.
I was trying to give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Maybe I was wrong, but there are only "rumors", no facts yet.
I'm not a judge or a jury.
You're right. Tolerance has alot to do with it. Conditions (Heat, sun, time) have a lot to do with it also.

DaveM - Boating at .25 - NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!!
yeah, you're right , probably wouldn't have happened in daylight.

He would have instead been running wide open close to a beach or other boats. Seeing double.
NOT A SMART MOVE.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats a damn shame. I hope everybody is ok. Does anybody know the year of the Gun?
Old 08-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
DaveM - Boating at .25 - NOT A GOOD IDEA!!!!
yeah, you're right , probably wouldn't have happened in daylight.

He would have instead been running wide open close to a beach or other boats. Seeing double.
NOT A SMART MOVE.
I didn't mean to make it sound like I thought it was a good idea.
Old 08-13-2005, 03:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gripit
Thats a damn shame. I hope everybody is ok. Does anybody know the year of the Gun?
Its a new 3 step from Cigarette..........
Old 08-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow Re: Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

Here is my take...

Most people don't know much about offshore boats until they see a news story on TV or read about an accident in the newspaper.

The part they remember is that it is a fast boat and fast boats are dangerous...they forget about the rest of the minute details like the driver being drunk and boating in a no wake zone at full bore etc...

It gives the sport a bad name and hurts business and the image of safe speed many have worked for.

The next thing you know you have a group of crusaders looking for speed limits and the blame is shifted to the type of boat or manufacturer.

This is usually not the case in auto accidents because cars are not exotic boats and everybody needs one. So alcohol is focused on instead.

So who ever goes out boating drunk needs to be the focus of the incident. I already heard from two friends calling me and making sure I was ok when they heard this because they know I have access to a couple "cigarette boats" in the area. Their comments were..."I hope you learned that speeding is unsafe..you should give it up"...on and on...

The lake is flooded with coast guard units today and my friend was pulled over for a courtesy inspection and told to slow down...he was in an area where there is no speed limit.

Drunks ruin it for everybody.

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 08-13-2005 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-13-2005, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave M
I didn't mean to make it sound like I thought it was a good idea.
Dave - didn't mean to call you out on that. No offense meant. Nor to anyone else on the board.

This isn't the time or place. I'll pick up my soap box and wait for the right channels to express my thoughts.

I hope all involved in the accident are recovering well.

Quick Reply: Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.