Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/109963-top-gun-crash-metro-beach.html)

sre 08-14-2005 12:39 PM

Re: Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Does anyone know if that is the new Cig parked next to the Black Thunder across from the park we did not see it there all weekend, It is a shame they lived so close and had the money, why not taxi home.

Does anyone own their own breathalyzer, I see them for sale on the internet, I was wondering if they are as accurate as the ones the police carried. I know that .25 is high but each year the limit gets lower and lower, I am afraid that just one or two drinks can put you over. I am to the point I want to start carrying one around in my purse! I am sure I have been over the limit and never even knew or felt it.

Yes that is the cig that is on a lift next to the Black Thunder.

bouyhunter 08-14-2005 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht

Does anyone own their own breathalyzer, I see them for sale on the internet, I was wondering if they are as accurate as the ones the police carried. I know that .25 is high but each year the limit gets lower and lower, I am afraid that just one or two drinks can put you over. I am to the point I want to start carrying one around in my purse! I am sure I have been over the limit and never even knew or felt it.

That is exactly the point I was trying to make earlier.
Now, because the "LAW" say's .08 is Alcohol related incident. Next, It drop's to .06.
Maybe people should be held accountable for being "stupid". I agree, anyone running at .25 is drunk. But plenty of people get charged with DUI, and due to tolerance levels, and time, it's questionable if alcohol has any factor - or ever would.

Can we get an Idiot chart? If you're .10 idiot, it's illegal to operate machinery? No driving any motor vehicles if you are over a .10 idiot level.
I know plenty of people that wouldn't be allowed to leave there own homes if the "idiot" law was put into place.

thisistank 08-14-2005 04:38 PM

Nobody has pics of the landing area?? Let's see it!

ratman 08-14-2005 05:09 PM

Nobody has pics of the landing area?? Let's see it!
ditto. pics of the boat and drives would be cool to.

GLH 08-14-2005 07:46 PM

Business owner...

What a way to f-up a few lives...

jtsattack 08-14-2005 07:51 PM

From what I was told by a Friend that works at the Macomb County Sheriff's department "the owner" of the boat Paul wasn't driving.

That would be wrong but it's a reliable source. The Guy that got thrown has had his Condition upgraded to Intensive care but Stable. It looks like he's going to make it. That's Awesome news!!!!!

formula31 08-14-2005 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
That is exactly the point I was trying to make earlier.
Now, because the "LAW" say's .08 is Alcohol related incident. Next, It drop's to .06.
Maybe people should be held accountable for being "stupid". I agree, anyone running at .25 is drunk. But plenty of people get charged with DUI, and due to tolerance levels, and time, it's questionable if alcohol has any factor - or ever would.

Can we get an Idiot chart? If you're .10 idiot, it's illegal to operate machinery? No driving any motor vehicles if you are over a .10 idiot level.
I know plenty of people that wouldn't be allowed to leave there own homes if the "idiot" law was put into place.

Not to mention the people driving around stoned or on some other form of recreational drug without any presumption of impairment. Too many people picking on alcohol. Sounds just like the group who are singling out noise on boats.

bouyhunter 08-14-2005 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by formula31
Not to mention the people driving around stoned or on some other form of recreational drug without any presumption of impairment. Too many people picking on alcohol. Sounds just like the group who are singling out noise on boats.

Amen brother. Testify.

39NAS-T 08-14-2005 09:03 PM

I know Paul and this is horrible. I just got back from 1000 island poker run and heard about it. All I can say is just pray for Paul and the ford executive's that were involved in the accident.
Hunter

Whiteknuckle 08-14-2005 09:26 PM

dockrocker,
You are absolutly correct, about being that close in to Metro at night is looking for trouble. I live about 100 yds off Lake St. Clair in the Salt River area. You should hear the performace boats hauling ass at midnight out on the lake. I don't mean 2500 RPM stuff, I mean hauling. I don't care if a boat cut in front of him or not, there is no excuse for what he did. This guy makes all of us guys "in dem thar cigar boats" look bad. If he was drunk he needs to go to jail. If he was sober he need to learn the Lake a lot better before hauling ass at night with passengers.