VIP Member

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

Hunter which boat did you take to the 1000 islands? Tom
Old 08-14-2005, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I swung by to see the area today. We pass it all the time, but I never really pay that close attention to it. Big rocks at the shore, a short railing/fence, and a ton of trees beyond that. They all are very lucky they didn't hit one of them.

Whiteknuckle - I agree completely about people running hard at night. We spend some nights at Metro and it's scary to hear someone running out there, like you say, not at 2500. I usually go at minimum planing speed and have someone up front with me as a lookout, and I still don't like driving. Depth perception is horrible at night, and you get the occasional boat sitting or running without lights.
Old 08-14-2005, 10:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whiteknuckle - I agree completely about people running hard at night. We spend some nights at Metro and it's scary to hear someone running out there, like you say, not at 2500. I usually go at minimum planing speed and have someone up front with me as a lookout, and I still don't like driving. Depth perception is horrible at night, and you get the occasional boat sitting or running without lights.[/QUOTE]

Bill that is just how Ian feels, last night we were coming back from the Clinton River to Metro and it was barely dusk, we put our white light poll up and it would not go on thank God it was still pretty light out, but what if it was much later........ We thought the bulb burned out, but Ian tested it when we got home today and it was OK, so I guess we have a loose connection. So things like that happen. Another site is reporting the owner was not driving, only heresay but if the owner was not able to drive, then it could explain why they got to close they might not have known the area very well, still so sad. We were also discussing the rules on when your lights need to go on, I was surprised to see everyones lights on yet is was still pretty light outside.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:44 AM
Registered

Please understand that I am not insensative to the people aboard this boat. I hope they fully recover and the only permenant damage is to the boat. However, think of all the posts you read on OSO about insurance premiums, and the poor opinion the uninformed general public has about go-fast boats. This type of irresposiblity only feeds their argument. Heck, you have a whole population of people wanting to shut down Gull Island because people are having a good time. We have to use our heads people, we have to be resposible boaters, we have no choice.
Old 08-15-2005, 06:53 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Whiteknuckle
Please understand that I am not insensative to the people aboard this boat. I hope they fully recover and the only permenant damage is to the boat. However, think of all the posts you read on OSO about insurance premiums, and the poor opinion the uninformed general public has about go-fast boats. This type of irresposiblity only feeds their argument. Heck, you have a whole population of people wanting to shut down Gull Island because people are having a good time. We have to use our heads people, we have to be resposible boaters, we have no choice.

good point - the gen public would never imagine the testicle hanging out of shorts sail boat crowd of boozin on the water.

I'm glad the hearings are over for the Lake Winnipesaukee speed limit, we would have seen a 36"x48" poster board pic of the boat being held up for the panel to see how evil our boats are. Much like children, there are no bad kids - just bad parents.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:22 AM
Registered

Too bad, nice boat with TAOD paint job, 2003 model year
Old 08-15-2005, 01:44 PM
Registered

I hope everyone involved is ok. That was one of my favourite boats on the lake.
Old 08-15-2005, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have gone from Metro to Jacks and back alot of times I always use the back tracking option on the GPS and just retrace my route

It dosent help if there is somnthing in your way

but stands to reason if coming back in the dark the same way you got there you should be fine as far as the route goes
Old 08-15-2005, 03:28 PM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Boatme
I have gone from Metro to Jacks and back alot of times I always use the back tracking option on the GPS and just retrace my route

It dosent help if there is somnthing in your way

but stands to reason if coming back in the dark the same way you got there you should be fine as far as the route goes

Much like the phrase "speed changes you" - speed changes everything at night. I use the track back too but when near the shore or in a tight channel in the dark I crawl and keep ears/eyes focused.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree still have to go a reasonable speed in the dark

haullin azz is nuts in the dark

Quick Reply: Top Gun Crash at Metro Beach

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.