Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Pictures of the Boyne Run start (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/110006-pictures-boyne-run-start.html)

tamburello 08-13-2005 07:08 PM

Pictures of the Boyne Run start

3 Attachment(s)
I cruised up the West coast of Michigan from Holland to Grand Haven today to watch the Skater boys take off on their run to Boyne City today. The run is a bit much for my diminutive Donzi 18 Classic but it was a great day for running both the Skaters and my little Donzi. There were leftover 2' swells from the windy day yesterday, overcast skies, no wind, and a threat of rain in the forecast to keep almost every other boater, except for the fishermen, tied to the docks talking about gas prices.

There were 5 Skaters making the run: one 36 (Pammy), two 368's (Kroozin' and another one I don't know), one 40 (Blow Out), and the infamous "Cat Can Do" 40 raceboat. Five prime examples of awesome monster blower motors, sweet paint jobs, and all-around kick azz rigs.

I knew that I had brought a knife to a gun fight, so I didn't attempt to run with 'em. Before they took off I ran up the coast a bit to get a good vantage point.

Thanks to my dad (Dale) for bringing his Nikon D70 and taking some nice pics. Sorry the running pics didn't turn out.

We had a great run back to Holland with some nice air time.

- Jeff

tamburello 08-13-2005 07:09 PM

Re: Pictures of the Boyne Run start

3 Attachment(s)
more

tamburello 08-13-2005 07:12 PM

3 Attachment(s)
and more

tamburello 08-13-2005 07:14 PM

3 Attachment(s)
and even more

tamburello 08-13-2005 07:15 PM

3 Attachment(s)
and more yet

tamburello 08-13-2005 07:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
last two

Nealzy 08-13-2005 07:27 PM

WOW !!!! they are awesome pics. I would love to run in a poker run with those big boys. Althought the start would be the only good time. They'll leave me sitting still. :D

Semper Fi 08-13-2005 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Nealzy
WOW !!!! they are awesome pics. I would love to run in a poker run with those big boys. Althought the start would be the only good time. They'll leave me sitting still. :D

DITTO :D

RedDog382 08-13-2005 08:49 PM

Sure is good to see Barry (Cat Can Do) out on the water blowing some dust off the ole' girl! :drink:

Rambunctious 08-13-2005 09:36 PM

Jeff, we missed you Tuesday night. left over 3's sent us flyin level :o

put tuesday after labor day on your calendar.

Ramb