Lake St Clair 2,000 boats raftoff >

Lake St Clair 2,000 boats raftoff

Notices

Lake St Clair 2,000 boats raftoff

Old 08-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lake St Clair 2,000 boats raftoff

Yeah you could never get everyone on the same page at party cove Ms PatriYacht did you come to the Black thunder regatta at the lake of the ozarks?
Old 08-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MACTONITE
Donna,
Michael here with the 38 Powerquest. Boat is finally back together and ready to go. Are you and Ian doing the Coastal Marine Poker run this weekend? Were going down Friday morning. $350 for 4 people, great food, people, lots of freebies...
Come join us..
Mike
I am glad you are up and running, when did you get back in the water. I am embarrased to say I don't know anything about the Costal Marine run, where is it. Gee I thought I knew about all the parties Our next plans include the LEOPA labor Day weekend to Kellys Island, and the LEOPA fall poker run the following weekend out of Grosse Ile coming into Jacks at Lake St Clair
Old 08-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Registered

There is a current that flows through that area, so hopefully it's not dirty.
The bottom is sort of sandy, maybe a little mucky but fairly well packed down, and your feet are not dirty when you get out. They say it is wise to wear water shoes, which of course I forgot, but except for a few sink holes the water was probably around 4.5' down the whole line. People are saying that they walked for 2 hrs and still did not reach the one end, of course that might have to do with the partying and sites to see along the way.

No we did not go to the BT rally, I am not sure if we will ever tow the boat to LOTO, it sure would be one long tow,
Old 08-15-2005, 04:16 PM
Registered

Its worth it, my friends thought the same they just scheduled to take there boat in to black thunder right before the regatta then picked it up and brought it straight here, they loved it and are already planning on coming back this year and they are from Ohio with a 43.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:23 PM
Registered

We might take the boat to FL this winter and have thought about doing the run with them to the Keys, we have been towing almost every weekend, and it is getting old so I guess this is not a good time to ask me . Now if we won the lotto and could hire some one to do it for us, and fly in, but then we'd get a new boat, maybe bigger.........................opps there I go fantasizing again
Old 08-15-2005, 04:25 PM
Registered

Yeah, the bottom is mostly sand. There are a few cuts through to the channel to the south and there really is a current through there that helps move the pee out. That channel is one of three that moves the water from Lake Huron down to Lake Erie, so it really doesn't get stagnant. I still wouldn't go underwater if I could help it though.

Donna, it's funny that you mention the ski boat. I was helping getting people rafted up for a few hours after we got there and at one point a small boat with even smaller, half deflated, scum covered bumpers pulled into the back line. At that point, everyone wanted to tie into the bay-side line and it looked like the back line might get cut off. The boat was like raft poison. Finally someone took one for the team, rafted with them, and the lines got evened out. I did see a couple of instances where there was a 20' in between a pair of 35-40' cruisers and we tied an extra bow line between the big boats.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:33 PM
Registered

Let me know if you decide to go to Florida, that is where my friends have just bought a house in the intercoastal and are always looking for fellow BT's to run with and will be doing the key run also, if you go I will give you there # and you guys can meet up.

Of coarse now that I think about it I don't know if it is a good idea to get Michigan-Ohio people together

Last edited by rastaboatin; 08-15-2005 at 04:36 PM.