Lake St Clair 2,000 boats raftoff >

Lake St Clair 2,000 boats raftoff

Notices

Lake St Clair 2,000 boats raftoff

Old 08-14-2005, 01:52 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lake St Clair 2,000 boats raftoff

This Saturday, us and about 2,000 MI and Canadian boaters rafted together to try to break the Guinness World Record of boats tied up with each other. We are waiting to hear if we broke Lake Norman's record of around 1,450. In spite of early morning showers and a bleak forecast boats showed up in droves. By the afternoon the sun was shinning .

We arrived late (3:0PM) and were near the end, we walked the gauntlet (center between the lines) for about an hour in one direction and still did not reach the end The only OSOer we met up with was DKWestern, so who else made it out.

If you saw a girl in a white cowboy hat, pushing a raft with a little yorkie that was me, the handsome guy next to me was Mr P. and of course once again we forgot our camera, where is Cuda when you need him

Hopefully the link works and you can see the ariel view

http://www.aerialpics.com/J/rafting8-05.html

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 08-15-2005 at 07:24 AM.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:54 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lake St Clair 2,000 boats raftoff

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
of course once again we forgot our camera, where is Cuda when you need him
I wish I'd been there.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

cool pics, why didn't all the bapts raft up? there are a LOT of boats that aren't in formation! do you know what the final count was. that had to be a great time!
Old 08-14-2005, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ratman
cool pics, why didn't all the bapts raft up? there are a LOT of boats that aren't in formation! do you know what the final count was. that had to be a great time!

As you can imagine not everyone wants to be stuck in a big line of boats, unfortunately the "Moot" (Muskamoot Bay) can get a little rowdy, but the atmosphere for this was pretty good. It would be nice if everyone joined but unfortunately some just wanted to observe. The further you walked the wilder it seemed to get, that is because those people were there the longest, just before we turned to head back to our boat we asked some people what time they got there and they said around 10:30, a bunch of people got there the night before and spent the night. Yes it was a good time. One of us will post when the count becomes official, I am nervous when I look at the close up picture on the curve. I hope that those two boats were tied to each other, that is the spot last year where there was a break and we lost . I guess on the bright side if we did not set the record we get to try again next year
Old 08-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Registered

Donna and Ian, glad your boat is up and running, sorry we couldn't make it to the raft off. Sounds like you had a great time as usual. Talk to ya soon. Keith and Marcy
Old 08-14-2005, 06:53 PM
Masher touches my
Gold Member

Wow that really is a sight to see.
Old 08-14-2005, 07:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

wow
Old 08-15-2005, 06:55 AM
Registered

Good to see ya Donna, hopefully we broke it this year!!!
Old 08-15-2005, 08:58 AM
Registered

I was out there, I was there from noon-6:00 and walked the line twice, there was no way I could have made it to the end of that line. You walk so far for so long and you're thinking "I still gotta go that far to get back too" so we turned around.

I didnt take my boat though, I was on Doug's ciggarette. He stayed at gull fri night, and pulled up at my house around 9am so his GF could take a shower. Then it was just too easy to hop on his boat, and not have to worry about driving, well drinking I mean, cuz I dont mix those two...
Old 08-15-2005, 10:10 AM
Registered

We had an awesome time out there. We were probably about 70 or 80 boats down from the closed end on the shore side. Looking at the pics, I don't think I walked half of it.

Quick Reply: Lake St Clair 2,000 boats raftoff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.