Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Stolen Apache Mold Story!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/110348-stolen-apache-mold-story.html)

Top Banana 08-19-2005 10:01 AM

Re: Stolen Apache Mold Story!!!

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
the picture in post #2 was taken where? I know.

The photo was taken inside the Apache plant on NE 188th street at the time I purchased the mold in 1997.

Semper Fi 08-19-2005 10:27 AM

Why did the storage place just let them take the mold and trailer without contacting you first? That's B.S. Maybe they had something to do with it? I hate theives :mad:

Jamie B. 08-19-2005 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Semper Fi
Why did the storage place just let them take the mold and trailer without contacting you first?

I agree. Releasing equipment without contacting the original renter is very suspect.

Have you asked for any compensation from the storage company, just out of curiosity ?

puder 08-21-2005 03:25 PM

as i recall todd cimmino from hawk marine (the dude who rippe doffa bunch of OSO members) had an apache mold. When i went on a seas trial of the 45' apache he was "brokering" we talked abtou his 41 molds and he had a very fishey story that nobody else had ever heard of (including the guys at apache).

to the best of my knowledge a new guy bought the name and the company. Todd got arrested and was being prosecuted for multiple counts of fraud and some other stuff. YOu migh tbe able to find somethign out i fyou contact the DA who was incharge of the case.

This was posted a long time ago on OSO.

Apache Molds For Sale
41' offshore performance hull, deck, and hatch molds...complete, currently in production, ALSO, 21' hull and deck and inner liner, out board or inboard version. Also, currently in production. Priced for quick sale 25,000 firm for everything. email to [email protected] or call 850-674-7474.

there is a long thread on taht whole mess.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ht=hawk+marine

Nykamp 08-21-2005 05:28 PM

Todd had Billy Dahls 47 mold, or claimed he was buying it, which has now been sold.

DirtyMoney 08-21-2005 07:45 PM

I have the 41 and 21 mold Cimmino had and sold to www.boatmoldtrader.com this is not the 41 mold that is being referred to. The mold I have was the one pulled from the Team Apache boat and built by Jack Clark. Todd did also have the 47 mold but he and Bill never did complete the transaction which was to build Bill Dahl a 41 hull and deck as trade. The mold is at my shop here north of Atlanta waiting for funds and anyone is welcome to inspect it.

stinger312 08-22-2005 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by OSOAdmin
the picture in post #2 was taken where? I know.

same building this photo was taken :D

fruitta55 11-25-2005 11:48 AM

Any new leads on this story?

DelawareRiverRunner 11-25-2005 12:10 PM

Does anyone know where the old 24' Carrera SS7M/Scorpion 24SS hull and deck molds wound up? I believe I saw an old OSO thread somewhere that mentions they were sold to someone in the Houston area. If anyone knows, what company has them now and what are they making from them?

Chatim Racing 04-05-2006 09:08 AM

Still no leads on this one... I am bringing it back in the hopes that OSO Admin will move it to the new stolen boats forum...Thanks!

Here's what we last knew:

My dad bought the mold from Saccenti and two brothers were storing it for him. Their names were Carlos and Pedro and they owned a company called Mark 1 Powerboats. Bob Saccenti said he knew them, not well, but he knew who they were.

The story when the mold was stolen, was that some guy said he was going to reopen Mirage boats with a cut off Apache. He was supposed to have a shop at 7132 NW 35th st and his name was Mike and he drove a blue Porsche.

Again any help on where this thing went would be greatly appreciated!!$$!!

THANKS!