Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   new help buying new boat (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/110370-new-help-buying-new-boat.html)

Sydwayz 08-18-2005 08:20 AM

Re: new help buying new boat

Originally Posted by meis1
How about a MINT 01 280 PQ with a 500 for 58k? Freshwater only.

I think:

2001 PowerQuest 28' V-Bottom
500EFI engine
$58,000

You would need to know the hours on the boat to make a call on its value.
:D :D

Advice:
ANY and EVERY new boat is going to have a few gremlins. They all do. That is what happens when you put together a boat with up to 200 different manufacturers parts in one end product. It happens. My advice would be to pick up something that has been taken care of very well, low hours, 1-3 seasons old, all the gremlins worked out, and remember not to overextend the tow rating of your tow vehicle.

saubouin 08-18-2005 09:58 AM

Outkast,

I spent 55k OTD on my 242 Baja Islander (original list was $69,xxx) including trailer, taxes blah blah blah. I bought it in mid-August (end of boating season) of last year as an 05 model.

I primarily use the boat for lake duty and have taken it to the Outbanks in NC once so far. Since your not sure whether or not your going to get full use out of the cabin I would say this little family bowrider meets your requirments with one exception. You say you want to go 70mph. My best GPS as of last week is 64mph with the 496MAG non-HO. I picked up an extra 2mph once my hourmeter passed 30 hours. The bowrider is a blast because I can take all my friends and family out. A couple of weekends ago I had 6 adults and 3 little nieces onboard, couldn't have done that with a Cabin. The boat is surprisingly spacious. I doubt you would see 70mph if you went with the HO, but you would be in the solid mid60's for sure.

The other thing I like about this boat is the 24degree deadrise. Once I get more experience under my belt (only on my 2nd season of boating) I plan on taking her out in the Atlantic to experience what so many other members of OSO talk about.

Last thing. If you new to boating I strongly suggest taking a US Coast Guard Auxillary Boating Safety Class. Best thing I ever did and a real eye opener.

Good luck with your purchase!

Outkast Rafe 08-18-2005 10:27 AM

i have a polar center console right now that i use for fishing and im just looking to buy another boat for fun now

im 22 years old so i want something really fun!!!!
i have a diesel f250 so i should be ok towing

im just going to shop around a little more and learn a little more about these boat
thanks

dockrocker 08-18-2005 10:34 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My 1996 290 Powerquest is for sale - $40K. It's bigger than you were looking for, but it will definitely ride better than a smaller single engine boat. Twin 454 MPI's, both start and run perfectly. Well-equipped cabin with shorepower, fridge, microwave, and freshwater sink. Head with pumpout.

Dual axle trailer, just had the brakes and hubs redone. Boat has full canvas (bimini and camper canvas) and is in overall excellent condition - I know, I just put over $1000 into the boat and trailer. We're moving to a more "kid-friendly" style of boat (read: cruiser).

Selling it for what I owe. PM or e-mail if you're at all interested. Could arrange delivery if necessary.

Doller Offshore 08-18-2005 10:45 AM

How about a sweet Powerplay, sweet deal?

3 Attachment(s)
This is a 1997 28' twin engine, check it out! $49,995.00
Garage kept since 1999, new cockpit interior, dash, cabin uphostery. Twin 350's, Bravo Drives, lot's of extras. Includes Trailer too!
Going into classisifieds Friday.....Call me if you are interested soon, won't last, customer needs to sell ASAP..
I have better pics, will post shortly...

SLINGSHOT 08-18-2005 10:56 AM

my baja is on www.fastboats.com {yellow 25 outlaw 2003}

powerguy 08-18-2005 12:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Formula 336 SR1 33'6" in classifieds. Frsh water boat.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-6695.html

fund razor 08-18-2005 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Outkast Rafe
i have a polar center console right now that i use for fishing and im just looking to buy another boat for fun now

im 22 years old so i want something really fun!!!!
i have a diesel f250 so i should be ok towing

im just going to shop around a little more and learn a little more about these boat
thanks

I will sell you my twin small block 26 footer for 18 grand loaded and then you can save the rest for fuel.

I'm buying a rubber raft with a 5 horse johnson.

Outkast Rafe 08-18-2005 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by fund razor
I'm buying a rubber raft with a 5 horse johnson.

lol

Chris 08-18-2005 06:16 PM

1999 28' Active Thunder - Very Big 28'