Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Insurance Problems for my Boat! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/110376-insurance-problems-my-boat.html)

t500hps 08-17-2005 09:11 PM

Re: Insurance Problems for my Boat!

On our last poker run Nationwide had advertisements in the packets we recieved. Apparently they are getting back into go-fast Ins. I have Progressive but called Nationwide for a quote and they were within $50 bucks. Good Luck

Oh Deere 08-17-2005 09:18 PM

Try State Farm. Not all that competitive with other toys and necessities, but the best I have found for boats.

MitchStellin 08-17-2005 09:45 PM

I have used Bob and Dollar and had 500 x 2 in a 32 AT for 1300 per year. It is out there, just don't plan on using it unless you total it.

IDRPSTF 08-17-2005 10:58 PM

Chuck,
We have a 1984 38 Cig Flatdeck with blower motors. Sy Goldbergs agent in TX got us in for under $2000. Call Sy!

articfriends 08-18-2005 12:06 AM

my buddy just checked on insurance for a 28 ft checkmate-1100$ for all state w/perfect driving record,580$ for progresive and 295 $ for state farm. State farm will only insure you if you have house insurance with them,they wanted 120$ more a year for his homeowners,1200$ more a year for his car insurance. Smitty

masher44 08-18-2005 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by OldSchool
The bad news is that Progressive won't write a policy on a boat that is over 15 years old. :( :( If you have the coverage and the boat gets to be 15 years old, you can continue coverage. But new policies can't be written.

so if you run over me and sue I wont get chit? that sucks..... :evilb:

chuckgo6 08-18-2005 03:59 AM

My friend got his insurance from progressive with his cigarette but my friend who is a agent tried my boat and said they would not take it? I don't know because of the age or value of the boat/age it was valued at $64,900.00 it is in excellent shape the replacement cost was $250,000.00 in the survey I don't know but am getting very frustrated finding it.I'll call your guy at Progressive and try to get some answers do you have his phone number,and where is he located? I'm in New York but will still talk to him where ever he is.I need insurance at a fair price! Thanx..........

offthefront 08-18-2005 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by thisistank
Call Bob Luellen w/Progressive....Got us a KILLER price on the Gun.

Progressive wont insure boats older than 15 years

OldSchool 08-18-2005 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by masher44
so if you run over me and sue I wont get chit? that sucks..... :evilb:

Correct!!!! :D :D :drink:

chuckgo6 08-18-2005 05:03 PM

Well it is starting to look better just got a quote from State Farm for $1,200.00 a yr and liberty will give me one by tomorrow and said it won't be near $2,000.00 like I have now! I'm still looking but now I know there is decent insurance for my boat.It was a big investment and I want it to stay in above average condition as my survey report said.
Thank You for all your input! Chuck..................