Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cat Insurance???? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/110400-cat-insurance.html)

Donzi Corleone 08-18-2005 08:57 PM

Re: Cat Insurance????

Originally Posted by expresscat39
All good people and good companies. I have been told NO by all of them.

Traffic violations: NONE
Drugs: NO
Smoker: NO
Drinker: NO
Accidents: NONE

They will inusre everything else I have but not a CAT.

These things may become extinct. Unless you can write a check they cannot be financed.

Alliance Marine outa Ft.Lauerdale for me at 6500.00 and that a perfect across the board score on all the negatives that expresscat 39 quoted. No violations and 48 years old. By the way this company is a subsiderary of LLoyds of London.

MnHowardCat 08-18-2005 09:22 PM

Any one else with SY at Total Dollar have your rates jump up and I mean jump??
Don

gsmith9898 08-18-2005 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by welladjusted
gs: what type of speeds are you quoting them?

I told him about 70 mph but when I went to pay him and sign papers he said underwriting said the boat would do close to 100. So I knew they were writing a good policy.

gsmith9898 08-18-2005 09:28 PM

gs: what type of speeds are you quoting them?

His office is at 91st and sheridan. call him. I asked if it was okay if I gave his name and number to other cat owners and he said okay. It was not easy. he had to have them run my credit and tell them what else I would insure.

Spine Tingler 08-18-2005 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
His office is at 91st and sheridan. call him. I asked if it was okay if I gave his name and number to other cat owners and he said okay. It was not easy. he had to have them run my credit and tell them what else I would insure.

I have talked with another agent for National American and he didn't get me quoted and my credit score is well over 700. I did have two tickets in the last two years though. I am trying to get insurance on a new 44 MTI and the speed was supposedly an issue.

johnnyboatman 08-18-2005 09:37 PM

my state farm agent told me alot depends on the value. new skater valued at 500g wow my 31 warlock w/65.000 1100.year

ChiToWn TapouT 08-18-2005 09:41 PM

Im still in the learning process here and Ive decided on a 39' OE.
And from what Ive read on OSO is that insurance is hard to come by.
Why is that?
Why dont they want to insure them?

Whats the difference between pavement and water?
Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche Vettes, Mustangs. Old Muscle Cars

MTI, Nor Tech,Skater, Ocean Express, Eliminator. SuperCharged Boats.

Here what about Cafe bikes they know the kids get nuts on them!! Nothing like the speed of a cafe bike.

I dont see a difference when it comes to performance.

I know the the top cats cost more but still to deny coverage of some of the less expensive cats.?

I dont see a difference but then again what do I know.
Please inform me.

gsmith9898 08-18-2005 09:50 PM

I have talked with another agent for National American and he didn't get me quoted and my credit score is well over 700. I did have two tickets in the last two years though. I am trying to get insurance on a new 44 MTI and the speed was supposedly an issue.

I talked to the agent in broken arrow and they called underwriting and they told her no. I than had lunch with a big wig fron anpac in springfield and they told me to call another agent because they were starting to work with the agents in helping them write new business. I called jay and he called underwqriting and they said no and than I told him my story and he got all my info of ss number, 2 tickets , 2 houses to insure, 3 cars and a boat. He took about 1 day and called ask some questions like what do you do for a living and where do you go boating. If you call jay and tell him that I ( Gary Smith) gave you his number he will laugh and tell you about it. I told him I did not want to screw up a good deal by telling anybody but he said no problem as lone as they know they will have to give me all their insurance. On a side note. He is not a boat person. he could not understand why someone would want a boat that went that fast. He wrote the policy on friday and I called him on monday morning and said, Jay, I guess you seen what happen to my boat on the news? I swear he stopped breathing for a second.

Spine Tingler 08-18-2005 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
I talked to the agent in broken arrow and they called underwriting and they told her no. I than had lunch with a big wig fron anpac in springfield and they told me to call another agent because they were starting to work with the agents in helping them write new business. I called jay and he called underwqriting and they said no and than I told him my story and he got all my info of ss number, 2 tickets , 2 houses to insure, 3 cars and a boat. He took about 1 day and called ask some questions like what do you do for a living and where do you go boating. If you call jay and tell him that I ( Gary Smith) gave you his number he will laugh and tell you about it. I told him I did not want to screw up a good deal by telling anybody but he said no problem as lone as they know they will have to give me all their insurance. On a side note. He is not a boat person. he could not understand why someone would want a boat that went that fast. He wrote the policy on friday and I called him on monday morning and said, Jay, I guess you seen what happen to my boat on the news? I swear he stopped breathing for a second.

Thanks GS!! As soon as I find out what the boys( MTI42 and SeanH) have worked out at Emerald Coast with D. Woods this weekend I will start working on this again! What a pain in the __ __ __!!! Thanks Again! Scott

apache21 08-18-2005 10:23 PM

I have my Skater with American National also. My agent is Koutney Disney. They will write insurance depending on you overall situation. I have my life, house, cars, boat insurance with them. Get people to work with.