Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boating Accident on L.I. last night.. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/110411-boating-accident-l-i-last-night.html)

Tricky919 08-19-2005 10:03 AM

Re: Boating Accident on L.I. last night..

From appearing to be intoxicated and reeking of alcohol to 0% BAC in four hours? This guys matabolism must be unreal........ Sounds like another idiot just driving to fast for the conditions. That with some alcohol involvement is a recipe for tradgedy..........

rich allen 08-19-2005 10:25 AM

I am taking seven, 10 year old girls out tomorrow boating for the day. My daughter wanted her birthday party on the water. I will not even have alcohol on the boat, to ensure I play it smart. I can wait till later.. God forbid someone got hurt, and I had a couple of beers in me ..
As far as running at night,I actually enjoy being out at night. But, I believe" running" is the wrong term at night. I prefer to call it "patrolling". :D Nice and slow, and just chillin..

SHARKEY-IMAGES 08-19-2005 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Tricky919
From appearing to be intoxicated and reeking of alcohol to 0% BAC in four hours?..........

The authorities told the news last night that the DUI still stands because he was drinking earlier in the day and then operated a boat...

CBR 08-19-2005 12:03 PM

That will be great for his career as an air traffic controller. :(

Something about a New York minute.....

Fantastic job the young kid did though, using the radio, shooting flares, health card etc. Handled the situation better than many adults would have.

Too bad the kid did not have the opportunity to train the air traffic controller in boater safety.

Airpacker 08-19-2005 01:13 PM

Maybe I sound like a dick here but in my eyes, the driver of the grady white should be strung up in a public square and receive 100 lashes before his ass is sent to jail for murder. I know it won't help the little girl or her family but it just might act as a deterrent to the next brain dead idiot who thinks about drinking and boating.

LIOPA 08-19-2005 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Airpacker
Maybe I sound like a dick here but in my eyes, the driver of the grady white should be strung up in a public square and receive 100 lashes before his ass is sent to jail for murder. I know it won't help the little girl or her family but it just might act as a deterrent to the next brain dead idiot who thinks about drinking and boating.

That SOB should be dragged out to Montauk and used as live bait on the next shark charter boat. :mad: :mad: :mad:

fatdaddy 08-19-2005 11:34 PM

Sad, sad news.