Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: what bars have dockage in clearwater/st pete

oops the viddyno pull eng # 2
Old 08-18-2005, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All you Tampa Bay boaters going to the OPBA Poker Run Labor Day Weekend?

St. Pete / Tampa / Sarasota venue
Old 08-18-2005, 06:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ratman
cuda here's the video of the dyno pull of one of my motors 622hp thru quiet mufflers, no breakin so the lifters haven't pumped up and the rings haven't seated. that was the entire run on the dyno for that engine. they should be 670 or so when i get em broken in. the other motor made 660 thru the mufflers and i mean the mufflers on the dyno are very quiet.
Very cool! Has the Sailor seen this?

Who built the engines? It sounds great.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:08 PM
Registered

Undertow is approximately a mile north of the Don. Right on the beach. I can get you the coords if you want them. Everyh girl there looks like she could be a model (and I know a former Maxim girl who has been known to go there).
Old 08-18-2005, 08:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cuda
Bills itself as the world's longest waterfront bar, dunno if it's true. Decent docks, lot's happening, strong tide, food sucks.
I can attest to the prime rib sandwich, chicken wings and crown / 7's being really good.

Tide can be very strong but they have a dock hand to help you get tied up. Usually good bands and scenery (girls and boats).
Old 08-18-2005, 08:15 PM
Registered

I have been to most of the places Johno mentioned. All great suggestions. Some may not be easy getting a boat that size docked.

Philthy Phils for one has limited dock space but, a great place to eat and drink.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:40 PM
Registered

Who built the engines? It sounds great.
they were origianlly built by expert engine, had a little over 100 hours on them when one motor got wet from a failed exhaust manifold. i bought em from tommy at chief engines (paid 8 k for the pair carb to pan with msd ign.) i freshened them myself rings, bearings, all new ss int and inconel ex valves, crane 139661 hyd rollers morrel lifters. these are going to be spares when mark at mer finishes my 588 blower motors 1000hp a side should make my heavy old school mistress fly. heres a pic of the n/a s in the boat. ratman
Attached Thumbnails what bars have dockage in clearwater/st pete-new_engines_resized.jpg  
Old 08-18-2005, 08:48 PM
Registered

if your in tampa and see this boat flag it down...always some cold ones on hand, ratman
Attached Thumbnails what bars have dockage in clearwater/st pete-cig_rear_resized.jpg  
Old 08-18-2005, 09:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ratman
they were origianlly built by expert engine, had a little over 100 hours on them when one motor got wet from a failed exhaust manifold. i bought em from tommy at chief engines (paid 8 k for the pair carb to pan with msd ign.) i freshened them myself rings, bearings, all new ss int and inconel ex valves, crane 139661 hyd rollers morrel lifters. these are going to be spares when mark at mer finishes my 588 blower motors 1000hp a side should make my heavy old school mistress fly. heres a pic of the n/a s in the boat. ratman
Nice spares! I'm surprised I don't recall seeing that boat around before. How long have you lived in the Bay area?
Old 08-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Registered

cuda, ive been back in tampa about 4 years, was in ft laud for tan and clearwater for ten before that. i bought my cig off ebay for 22k less power around xmas time. the boat came from seattle wash. the boat was black bottom with white upper with hockey stick stipes, mike price was the owner. it was re gel coated (the guy blocked the hull straight and got rid of the roven woven texture) 2 years ago by the guy i bought it from. last weekend was the first time it was in the gulf.

fevermike, should be at sheppards by 11.00 am give or take a few mins. buzz me on my cell 813-323-4698.

Quick Reply: what bars have dockage in clearwater/st pete

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.