Notices

What Would You Do

Old 09-07-2006, 04:15 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What Would You Do

If you were working on your boat (running engines) and the P.D. shows up to warn about noise ? I did this earlier in the afternoon before 4pm so as I wouldn't disturb people getting home from work.

But yet when I called the P.D. questioning an extremely LOUD party all weekend long they said nothing can be done from 6am-11pm. Not to mention the f-in dog's barking from the minute I get home till I get inside hours later & not to mention the weekend throughout the day.
Old 09-07-2006, 04:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What Would You Do

Lets say I am far off enough that a P.D. in the States cant reach me and I answer for all who are not far off enough from such a P.D.
I experienced a couple of disgusting actions of police here at the other side of the pond. I needed in two, rather more situations very urgently the help of a police representative. The owner of the house I lived in tried to do me a harm by the help of two criminal representatives, one from southeurope and one from an arabic country. What happened? Nothing! They gave me the feeling that I wasnt worth the help, that I would be of minor value.
I thought about these experiences under a very distressed mood. I didnt understand that the police here runs like a blitz to supermarkets where little youngsters steal something for 1 Euro but does not help somebody like me in a severe danger ( it could have been as bad as one can imagine).
Last month I found out why 1 Euro is more value than I am, according to the police: the wife of a policeman from here stood in front of me at the cash in a retail center and forced the employee at the cash to give her a 10% reduction. She did that with the utmost aggressivity - almost like a burglar. She argued that she has the right to do that as her husband was a policeman and that it is the custom between the retail center and the police families. She pressed the employee by showing the insurance card of her husband and the employee was just lost as she didnt know what to do and how to get the monster off from that place. After that experince I sat down, near tears, thinking about the disgusting experiences I have made and I was just shocked for the rest of the day because of my hefty memories.
You must count with those extrem aspects concerning your problems.

Last edited by ducktail; 09-07-2006 at 05:33 AM.
Old 09-07-2006, 08:36 AM

You need to find out the exact law you are breaking if any!! If you are not breaking any they cannot write a ticket just harass you.

Been there done it

WILL
Old 09-07-2006, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lady next door yelled at me to " shut off that motor " at 6:30 pm,,,, I was nearly done and was about to shut it off anyway had she been nice, instead I told her I'll shut it off when I feel like it, she said she was gonna call the cops, I told her to go right ahead... cops showed up 5 minutes later, went into her house and came out after 20 minutes, came over to my house and asked to speak with me, I said whats the problem officer ??? They said they had a complaint about noise, I asked what law I was breaking and what time the town ordinance allowed noise until,, they said 11 pm, I told them to tell the lady next door that, they said they did, I told them to have a nice day and fired it back up...
Old 09-07-2006, 09:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

1) Find and print your local noise ordanance and keep it handy.
2) Run your motors all you want between the legal hours.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:29 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

My first summer job was at a speed shop building a pro-street 69 Camaro for the owner.....it had a 850 motor in it with some crazy header he made that had like 2" primary's dumping into something liek a 5" collector....anyway the first day we fired up the engine and ran it at 2000rom for 20 or so minutes we had the cops in the driveway in about 5min!! we were both wearing ear plugs and head gear to protect our ears.....he walked over to the cop car and got in the back seat and had a chat with them while i kept an eye on the engine. After about 5min he gets out and the cops stick around till we were done with the break-in and left. I asked if he got in trouble and he said absolutly not....noise ordinaces dont take effect in most areas till 9 or 10pm and he told the cops that its a $30k motor and he's shutting it off for anything....they told him that they have to show up for any call they get even if its a BS call....they just stuck around to watch the break-in cause they thought it was cool!
So unless you have some stupid ordinance in your township that says other wise....you can make all the noise you want till dark rolls around!
And like 27Fountain said...go find out the exact law cause not all the cops know what they are and you can correct them and send them on their way

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 09-07-2006, 09:47 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I was still living at my folks house a while back and was cranking the tunes and having a few brews. Well my neighbor calls me up and yells will you turn that Chit down my kids are trying to sleep. Now this is my dads stereo so it is really not that loud. Mind you this is the pasters wife for my parents church I said ummm NO and since ya asked so nice I got something for ya and hung up. I then went into my room and rolled our 4 Harkie cabinets and my Messa Boggie Cabinets and all my amps. Hooked them up to the stereo and let it rip. They must have knows that they were wrong cuz I never did hear anything about that. I figured my dad was going to kill me when he got wind of it
Old 09-07-2006, 09:49 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh ya as far as your situation I would try and work with them if you can cuz who wants to hate your neighbors. I like were I live now cuz we all wave to one another and its all good. The 80 year old guy accross the street cranks his music more then me.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:21 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 27Fountain
You need to find out the exact law you are breaking if any!! If you are not breaking any they cannot write a ticket just harass you.

Been there done it

WILL
County law states noise allowed from 6am-11pm mon-sat. The town states no matter what time and if you can hear the noise in your living room with the TV on they'll issue a $500.00 fine pending decibel test.
The kicker is when I called the county PD to ask them a few months back. They told me to call the township & there was nothing they can do about between 11pm-6am. It's funny how 2 cop's moved in next block over & the county cop shows in my driveway. Hmmmm....2 call's. I nicely told him to tell the people that called that when his f-in dog barks all day to expect a visit from the township.
Totally BS when it comes down to this. I've been in this house for 7 years, no problems. Kind of like the people that move next to farms & complain about dust.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:43 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cig1988
The town states no matter what time and if you can hear the noise in your living room with the TV on they'll issue a $500.00 fine pending decibel test.
So you can't mow your lawn in your town?

"Hear it in your living room, with the tv on..."

How big is a living room? Which side of the house is the living room on? How big is the tv? Which way does it face? What volume level? Are windows single pane or double?

Seriously, Who comes up with this sht? I hate politicians.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.