$MC does it again, in Michigan!!!! >

$MC does it again, in Michigan!!!!

Notices

$MC does it again, in Michigan!!!!

Old 08-17-2005, 02:31 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts
Thumbs down $MC does it again, in Michigan!!!!

Straight from the $MC website!
This how the $MC gets people out of the state of Florida to HELP them, ($MC) raise money to STAMP OUT recreational boating in Fl.
I was wondering if any Michigan OSOer's know anybody @ this school's adminstration? The school needs to know the truth about the $MC operation!

"Michigan Students Race to Save Manatees

On your mark, get set, go! In May, L'Anse Creuse High School students hosted their 2nd annual Save the Manatee 5k Run/Walk.

On May 21, 2005, L'Anse Creuse High School, located in Harrison Township, Michigan, hosted their 2nd annual Save the Manatee 5k Run/Walk. Biology teacher Lesley Argiri and volunteers from the high school organized another successful event, raising $3,200 with over 200 participants!

Additionally, Mrs. Argiri and her student volunteers raised money throughout the year with bottle collections, candy sales, and car washes. Through their efforts, L'Anse Creuse High School and the Harrison Township community were able to present Save the Manatee Club with a $4,000 donation.

"We are very grateful for the help of Mrs. Argiri, the students of L'Anse High School, and the area businesses of Harrison Township," said Judith Vallee, Save the Manatee Club Executive Director. "It is obvious that they put a lot of hard work into this event and their other fundraising efforts throughout the year, and we are delighted to receive this generous check for our manatee conservation work. Thanks so much!"

Student volunteers staff the registration table at the race.

Two manatees, Harry (left) and Andrew (right) hand out gifts and prizes donated by Save the Manatee Club and community businesses.

Nora raises her hands in triumph: "I made it!"

After a long, successful day's work, it's time weary manatees to head home."

This burns my azz!
Dean

Last edited by Dean Ferry; 08-17-2005 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-17-2005, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: $MC does it again, in Michigan!!!!

Harrison Township, also known as "Boat Town USA" - what a joke!
Old 08-17-2005, 03:01 PM
Registered

Harrison Twp is of no concern here in MI. It is a small town with nothing to do but b itch. I say we go to FL, kill some and bring them back for a cook out. After they are all done eating the "pig" we tell them they are eating the same mammal that they raised money to save and that the proceeds from the "pig" roast will be used to slaughter more Manatee
Old 08-17-2005, 03:20 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tastes like chicken!
Old 08-17-2005, 03:23 PM
Registered

Received 734 Likes on 329 Posts

Amazing ! Why in the heck can't they do a fund raiser to support something locally in their home town on on Lake St. Clair ? Like buy some dog food for the local dog pound or wash my boat ?

ed
Old 08-17-2005, 03:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Interceptor
Amazing ! Why in the heck can't they do a fund raiser to support something locally in their home town on on Lake St. Clair ? Like buy some dog food for the local dog pound or wash my boat ?

ed
Probably the same reason people send their $ to help the underpreledged overseas, instead of helping the unfortunate in the us.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:50 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Interceptor

ed

Ed,
I think these organizations are feed the $MC propaganda line, and they are GIVEN cute little manatee dolls to give away as prizes!
Dean
Old 08-17-2005, 03:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow Re: $MC does it again, in Michigan!!!!

....there are about 50,000 homeless people in Detroit which is about 40 minutes North of the institution working to save M's...we make peanut butter sandwiches and deliver them on Saturday mornings...people come flocking from everywhere as it is their best meal of the week...

...they need to re-examine their cause.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Registered

I bet the tools in FL told them there were Manatees in the Great Lakes. You are right though, there are so many more pressing needs in this state than a dam fish that is too big and dumb to stay out of the way. We have the highest unemployment in the nation, we are loosing people to FL, AZ, NV and elswhere due to jobs, our roads suck and these are just the tip of the iceberg. It is predicted we will drop from the top 10 in population in a few years. We are hurting bad. NAFTA has bled us dry and CAFTA is knocking at the door.
Old 08-17-2005, 05:22 PM
Registered

read more about her on her school webpage and bio

Quick Reply: $MC does it again, in Michigan!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.