Dream Cruise, anyone going >

Dream Cruise, anyone going

Notices

Dream Cruise, anyone going

Old 08-20-2005, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Dream Cruise, anyone going

Geezz I miss everyting about the Detroit. The redwings, the water, crazy fun bars downtown. I was born and raised there, Ive been away for almost 6 years now and I have to say my all-time favorite Sunday morning meal is "breakfast sandwiches" at lafyette Cony Island down town...
Old 08-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Dave, have you been? it really is a lot of fun. How are you feeling, have you had the lastest surgery and is Barb taking good care of you, I think that woman must be a saint
Yeah, I been. It reminded me of St Ignace just before the locals and the cops had to tighten everything down so tight it was hard to roll through town without getting stopped for absolutely nothing. It can be a great time but the hard partyers have a way of ruining it for everyone over time.
I just had the hardware removal procedure Thursday and I'm looking forward to getting the stitches out a week from Monday. Then hopefully I can start getting back to normal just in time for haulout season. Gee, it's been a wonderful summer. You just might detect a hint of sarcasm there,,,,,,,I hope I'm done with doctors and hospitals for a while. It's starting to wear me down a bit.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry you had such a rough summer Dave. I'm not much for fighting crowds either but sometimes I just deal with it. The police presence is very large in certain areas. North of Birmingham things open up and a bit of burnouts and drag racing goes on. Nothing really high speed. I am impressed by the quality of the cars. All in all a fun event. Get your stuff taken care of over the winter so we can do more boating next year.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:15 PM
Registered

I'm 10 hours away, in a different country, but I got to watch the dream cruise tonight. Our cable co picks up the Detroit feeds for our US Network stations, and WXYZ was showing it tonight......
Old 08-21-2005, 10:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mark Mathews
Had a nice shot of him passed out earlier, but couldn't get thge camera in time.
What can I say... spiffing up the boat till midnite, then arriving before 8:00 to avoid the mayhem, and then having you pour beer in me at 9am... just needed a power nap

This was my first time there, and I was pretty surprised by the huge turnout, both in cars and the people just there to watch. I think I saw some form of every car I've ever owned there, and a gazillion others.

It was fun promoting offshore racing to folks who normally don't have the opportunity to see a race boat up close. Asking a kid to climb aboard gets an excited response from both the kid as well as their parents. It's all good.

Here's some pics of the Konrad Fountain of Youth on display.

Nice job, Mark. Great party.

Brian
Attached Thumbnails Dream Cruise, anyone going-dream_cruise-1.jpg   Dream Cruise, anyone going-dream_cruise-2.jpg   Dream Cruise, anyone going-dream_cruise-3.jpg  

Old 08-21-2005, 11:00 AM
Registered

I have this mysterious coating of black powder all over my boat. Can't figure out where it could have come from.

Glad the cover was on when Mark started pouring beer in the street encouraging burnouts.
Old 08-21-2005, 11:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow Re: Dream Cruise, anyone going

Hey Brian...do those car nuts know you have more power than about 5 of them put together??

..get that fish back into water...boats are for lakes silly..
Attached Thumbnails Dream Cruise, anyone going-brian.jpg  

Last edited by Hydrocruiser; 08-21-2005 at 12:52 PM.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:56 PM
Registered

Hey you guys, why didn't you post that you would were going to be there, we could have come by, what corner were you at? Sounds like you had fun.. Donna (AKA Ms PatriYacht)
Old 08-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Hydrocruiser
Hey Brian...do those car nuts know you have more power than about 5 of them put together??
Yeah, there were some eyebrows raised when I told some guys the motors were north of 600hp. "And there's 2 in there?". Also got a lot of "how fast does that thang go?"

Car guys have a different view of what useful hp means. A guy with a 396 Camaro was telling me he was getting about 550 out of his blower motor, now punched out to 409ci. I asked how long he's ever held it at WOT. Blank stare. I told him that I run mine at WOT for 45 mins straight, and I could just see the wheels turning trying to comprehend what that would do to his motor. I think he has a better appreciation for what us marine guys do.

It was a neat weekend. Lots of American muscle on display. I highly recommend it to those who've never been there.

Cheers,
Brian
Old 08-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Arrow Re: Dream Cruise, anyone going

I love American Muscle Cars good to see them alive and well. It always amazes me how few people know what offshore boats are all about. Everybody I ever took out would never go out again..I can't seem to understand it...