Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Potomac River Boaters- Fairview Beach on Sunday!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/110558-potomac-river-boaters-fairview-beach-sunday.html)

Shah Mat 08-20-2005 08:44 PM

Re: Potomac River Boaters- Fairview Beach on Sunday!!!

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by MrsCraig223
Joey:

Bringing the "kid" out too. Should we bring our wake board?

Change of plans, we are going to my dad's on Nomini Creek to play tomorrow. I'll have it out again at Fairview before the end of the season, it uses about half the gas.
Here's a pic from today

csmall 08-20-2005 08:50 PM

Did anyone go down today (Saturday)? What's the deal on swimming? Open or closed for Sunday?

Beak Boater 08-21-2005 07:52 AM

We were at Fairview on Sat., if the river is closed for swimming someone forgot to tell the 100 people doing the normal thing at Fairview Beach. Noticed a few less boats thought, it may be due to the increase in fuel. Someone else told me the ban was last week. I am not sure where they get their information about the closing. Havent heard it on any local radio, or TV news. Years ago they had a boat with a flashing yellow light going around telling everyone to get out of the water,didnt see that either.

OldSchool 08-21-2005 08:21 AM

I think that we are going to bag it and do yard work. :(

Beak Boater 08-21-2005 10:14 AM

After all that bar racing at Solomons last weekend, I knew you were coming out to get a piece of that Skater with fishing motors on it. But yard work is good!!! :evilb: :eek: :evilb:

OldSchool 08-21-2005 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
After all that bar racing at Solomons last weekend, I knew you were coming out to get a piece of that Skater with fishing motors on it. But yard work is good!!! :evilb: :eek: :evilb:

That wasn't me talking, that was Michelob Ultra!!! :D :drink: :evilb:

If that little egg-beater boat runs the speeds that I think I remember Wayne saying it does...I've got nothing for him anyway!!! Then again, there is plenty of time left in this season. :cool:

chuckels 08-21-2005 05:47 PM

I believe i raced that skater leaving fairview a couple of weeks ago, i own the 26ft daytona.

OldSchool 08-21-2005 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by chuckels
I believe i raced that skater leaving fairview a couple of weeks ago, i own the 26ft daytona.

Well....How did you make out?????

Beak Boater 08-21-2005 07:18 PM

I think my son was driving the boat, at that time. You have a very nice boat. Was everything ok. I heard you may have had some minor problem. Hope it was just that....minor.

Randy

chuckels 08-21-2005 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
I think my son was driving the boat, at that time. You have a very nice boat. Was everything ok. I heard you may have had some minor problem. Hope it was just that....minor.

Randy

The oil cooler had a pin hole leak in it , it sprayed oil all over the place, i must have lost 5 quarts of oil, so i just took my time coming home. Its a long way back were i live.
I talked to you a couple of times last year, your boat is gorgeous , hows she running ? Are you guys going to fairview next week, if so i will see you there.
Charlie