Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Differences between 24 Superboat and Pantera Sport 24 Hulls? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/110588-differences-between-24-superboat-pantera-sport-24-hulls.html)

littledcsrodshop 08-23-2005 05:07 PM

Re: Differences between 24 Superboat and Pantera Sport 24 Hulls?

13' 7" From the tip of the bow to the top of the fairing @ a
straight shot. If you need anything else just let me know. Thanks for the comments. ( oh yeah did I mention that it's for sale. ) Later , Scott

Hang Time 27 08-23-2005 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Chatim Racing
24' banana (i.e. 24' Cigarette) has a width of 7'11". I don't know why the Firefox specs from '86 would say 7' 4.5". Must be a mistake as it is the same hull...???? Strange??

Maybe that 7'4.5" is measured at the transom???

AIR TIME 08-23-2005 06:05 PM

my best friend has a 24 superboat 79 it has a trs a 502 with my old parts which is making 575hp I have a 88 ol 24 509 647hp mine has 8 beam 4000lbs he's like3200lbs 7 beam sit down ride when we race each other he complains he can't keep up with me he's to light!and I said nooo I'm to light up stairs :rolleyes: :rolleyes: plus he just turned 61 I'M STILL young a nuff dumb anuff lay on it longer oh and my wife agree's with the dumb a nuff part :D art

Air Dog 08-23-2005 06:38 PM

Hey Air Time, Air Dog here.

I think I just missed you one day when my Banana Boat was at Jeb's house down in Falmouth.

Do you know of a poker run in September near Boston?

:drink:

Air Dog 08-23-2005 06:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by martiniboat
Love the old school stuff. Do you have a profile and transom shot?

What the he** is ESB anyway? :drink:

ESB = "Extra Special Bitter" - Good beer by Redhook, brewery is next door to the marina... :drink:

Here is the profile, disregard the Cig decal, it was temporary and is no longer. I was just waiting for my Banana Decals to arrive.

Hang Time 27 08-23-2005 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Air Dog
ESB = "Extra Special Bitter" - Good beer by Redhook, brewery is next door to the marina... :drink:

Here is the profile, disregard the Cig decal, it was temporary and is no longer. I was just waiting for my Banana Decals to arrive.

Man that's alotta bow for a 24! Looks great. "Outboard only" deck I would imagine. Looks just like the deck on the 24 by BRT (Bluewater Racing Team, same 7' hull as superboat etc.). Their deck looks like yours, but merc I/O with no rear seat, just 3 man bolster. One has been around here for years.

Air Dog 08-23-2005 07:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I always liked those BRT boats. Similar, but Banana has an 8' beam.

Photo angle makes it look longer. They made I/O versions that gave a smaller cockpit, but not bad.

My boat looks smaller with that 4.0 liter hanging of the back.

I have 17" of setback as well.

FX10 08-23-2005 07:50 PM

The 24' Super is'nt a knockoff of a Excalibur design. It originated from a 24' P & D. Late 60's to early 70's. The fairing around the front of the cockpit, and the rear section of the deck were changed.
The deck is shorted then the Pantera, cockpits are roughly the same. But we have a longer engine compartment.

Rick

onesickpantera 08-24-2005 11:25 AM

Okay, so the pics weren't deceiving. More bow and less engine compartment on the Pantera.

Thanks for the info Cordell, Scott, Corsa Quest and FX10.

Hang Time 27 08-24-2005 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by FX10
The 24' Super is'nt a knockoff of a Excalibur design. It originated from a 24' P & D. Late 60's to early 70's. The fairing around the front of the cockpit, and the rear section of the deck were changed.
The deck is shorted then the Pantera, cockpits are roughly the same. But we have a longer engine compartment.

Rick

The 24 has to be the most "splashed" hull design ever. Actually "splashing" hulls, not just copying the design, was the industry norm back then. You'll have a real hard time convincing me that the Superboat and Excalibur are different hulls from the rub rail down( other than how they may do the pad on the bottom). When did the first Super come out? My Ex was a '76 which is the oldest I've heard of, so it probably came from the P&D or the Super, if they came first, or vice versa. Did the Monza 24 get mentioned? 1979 - Same hull/deck as Ex exactly with rib down center of bow like a 28 cig as only difference.