Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
when is it to much????????????? >

when is it to much?????????????

Notices

when is it to much?????????????

Old 08-21-2005, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: when is it to much?????????????

a guy he was with last year, The guy custom made this boat, all wood, outboard power and was scary fast I guess.. very nice work I seen.

Did you see the signs at the sand bar right before the no wake before brennens? No anchoring, no beaching, no tresspassing.. trees cut down and stuff... We stop by the airport now right north of the ramp for the planes. nice and sandy and kinda shallow pretty far out.

You wanna buy my boat
Old 08-21-2005, 10:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by traviss
a guy he was with last year, The guy custom made this boat, all wood, outboard power and was scary fast I guess.. very nice work I seen.

Did you see the signs at the sand bar right before the no wake before brennens? No anchoring, no beaching, no tresspassing.. trees cut down and stuff... We stop by the airport now right north of the ramp for the planes. nice and sandy and kinda shallow pretty far out.

You wanna buy my boat
I think the locals used them for fire wood,there were 12 boats on the beach,Smitty
Old 08-21-2005, 10:07 PM
Registered

Thats nice to know people still beach there..

Did you see a baja 240 sport outlaw out?.. white with the metallic red hockey stick graphics.. with a V8 300 outboard? Sticks out liek a sore thumb with a egg beater on it LO! He is my side kick, don't know if he was out today or not.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when is it too much????? let me answer that for you!, never, never,never, your just pissed because that little bucket of bolts would kick your azz.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Registered

Arcticfriends, What does you boat look like? I have spent some time on Hardy and wondered what your boat looks like. I usually remember boats but not faces...lol Dwight
Old 08-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
Traviss-where were you,we ran river today hoping to run acrossed you,met the guy from bay city w/yellow sunsation,Smitty
arctic.. got your PM about going to the river... didn't fell up for it today, was hungover a little and not in the mood, plus I was boat shoppin on the internet

Last edited by traviss; 08-21-2005 at 10:20 PM.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Whitey
Arcticfriends, What does you boat look like? I have spent some time on Hardy and wondered what your boat looks like. I usually remember boats but not faces...lol Dwight
2000 baja 272 with the name "never enough______!" acrosed the back. We haven't been to hardy yet this year but we were there at least 6 times last year,usually on sundays on our way home,Smitty
Attached Thumbnails when is it to much?????????????-scan.jpg  
Old 08-21-2005, 10:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by traviss
Thats nice to know people still beach there..

Did you see a baja 240 sport outlaw out?.. white with the metallic red hockey stick graphics.. with a V8 300 outboard? Sticks out liek a sore thumb with a egg beater on it LO! He is my side kick, don't know if he was out today or not.
Didn't see that one,saw a nice 25 outlaw a guy just bought at lee street boat launch. My passengers were trying to instigate him into racing me,he was already to whup up on my family looking 272 with his sportier looking 25 outlaw until he looked in my engine compartment as i set the base fuel pressure with my new pump before we left Smitty
Sorry todd about hi-jacking your thread!
Old 08-21-2005, 11:43 PM
Registered

Too much? Yeah, there's such a thing. Lots of guys know a ton about motors, but maybe not enough about hulls that can't handle big power. You put too much power in a '67 Chevelle, and you spin the tires (or trash the driveline). Too much power in a boat....that's DIFFERENT. Wasn't there a small Baja on the Delaware running big blower power and a #6? If i recall, that thing was getting a bit hairy too......i think that was in a post from about a year ago.
Old 08-22-2005, 08:07 PM
Registered

[QUOTE, say "120ish" and people would say why would you ever need to go that fast? Mostly you don't, it's just nice to know it's there. I all comes down to the right operator in the right conditions at the right time.[/QUOTE]

This is how I boat and have a good time not having to deal with insurance companies....Words to live bye Right operator,Right conditions,Right time.......GOSPEL to triple digit speed...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.