Boat shopping with others money!!!

Notices

Old 08-23-2005, 06:27 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a 37 year old customer that just asked me the other day what kind of boat he should buy. This is a guy that basically can write the check for anything that he wants. He asked me what will be the most fun for him and his family. Keep in mind that this guy LOVES to entertain (has a full time cook) and likes fast cars (E55, S55, Ferrari and so on). We have over 180 speakers outside his house now and will be adding about another 200 when his 20,000 foot addition is finished. I of course started thinking about big Outerlimits, Nortechs and so on that I would drive for him The reality of the situation however is that he would probably not like that as he can not really entertain on it. The boat probably should be brand new or have most of the warranty on it.

Top of my list now is a 38 foot Formula SS with good power (maybe a 500EFI or 600). Fast, luxurious, more fun then a cruiser. Also it will not give him the stigma that the speed boat crowd has but still go fast. It will also be very safe for him his wife and three kids that are 8, 1, and not born yet.

With time I see him stepping up into a Sunseeker or the alike but not sure.

What else am I missing hear?

Jon
Old 08-23-2005, 07:04 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Re: Boat shopping with others money!!!

his address....I wanna be adopted
I agree about the Formula SS's but if he is new to boating should he start wioth something that big? If day trips are all that he wants look into the large day boats like the Monterey 298 (open bow/or cabin). I considered one of these before the Formula.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where would he be using the boat ???

How far away from the water does he live ???
Old 08-23-2005, 07:13 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Originally Posted by t500hps
his address....I wanna be adopted
I agree about the Formula SS's but if he is new to boating should he start wioth something that big? If day trips are all that he wants look into the large day boats like the Monterey 298 (open bow/or cabin). I considered one of these before the Formula.
Not likely that he will be driving at first (or maybe ever). He wants to take courses and what not but again entertainment is probably the key hear.

As for the adoption thing you will have to get in line behind me and a few others

Jon
Old 08-23-2005, 07:15 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Originally Posted by LEOPAJM
Where would he be using the boat ???

How far away from the water does he live ???
He would be using the boat in Boston area for the most part. They also have family in Miami so some what ease of trailering is important so that the boat can go down there in the winter (he would hire some one for this).

He is not far away from the club in the Charles River (access to the harbor and beyond) I see him keeping it at say Marina Bay. There is lots to do there and it is about 15-20 min from his house.
Old 08-23-2005, 07:29 AM
Registered

Sounds like he's gonna be more suited for a "fast" sport fish with an open Lay out .... 42? "Margaritavitch" with 660 Cummins comes to mind !!! Or an EggHarbour Predator ..... These things really entertain well !!! There's a guy around here that's been running one around here this summer ..... he's headin back to Palm beach at seasons end with it .... Your guy does not want to have anything to do with a trailer .... OR a formula SS for that matter .... Sounds like he needs a BIG boat .... with a captain !

" .... I don't need that stuff 'cause I got friends like you .... who buy me drinks ..... have boats and planes that I can use .... "
Old 08-23-2005, 07:53 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Jon~

Sounds like the age-old problem, a boat with good looks, speed, able to be trailered, and have room to put more than 5 people on with potty provisions and the like to keep the family happy. I'd say the 400SS would be a good start, and you're prob. right, a Sunseeker isn't far behind! Whatever he buys, if he gets bit by the boating bug, it will be gone in less than a year and he'll be stepping up so you might as well get him into something that he can turn over easy.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MAGNUM--the only beast ceegar boat for this guy!
Old 08-23-2005, 08:04 AM
Registered

the sportfish idea is a good one for entertaining, i recomend a garlington 44 with 600 to 800 hp a side. when he wants to go to maimi the capt can run it down. my father had one its one of the beautiful boats in class the lines and performance are awsome its a high tech airex kevlar layup, simaliar construction to the 70ft huckins s/f my dad now owns.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about a Blackthunder built the way he wants it to look and Merc power.

Quick Reply: Boat shopping with others money!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.