Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Here Comes Katrina (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/110854-here-comes-katrina.html)

miamioffshore 08-27-2005 02:29 PM

Re: Here Comes Katrina

I'm in Miami, all kinds of damage here huge old ficcus trees that made it threw Hurricane Andrew came down this time. Streets are blocked , power out til at least tuesday they say. Man this sucks

Cash Bar 08-27-2005 03:01 PM

Hey Lucky, screens are for sissies anyway. Insurance check will buy gas for a day. :eek:

ratman 08-27-2005 03:32 PM

will make for some hairy inlet entrances.
cigdaze...can you say huge air?

thisistank 08-27-2005 08:50 PM

Hey Bobby, is it passing through or lingering? The Gun just stays on the hoist when the storm comes through huh? Do you tie it down or what?? That seems a little sketchy at high speed wind gusts.

lucky strike 08-27-2005 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by thisistank
Hey Bobby, is it passing through or lingering? The Gun just stays on the hoist when the storm comes through huh? Do you tie it down or what?? That seems a little sketchy at high speed wind gusts.

Tank-

It's in the gulf now on it's way to Louisiana. Usually we try not to have it on the lift during a storm, but incase it is, we tie it down. I think the winds would have to be around 150mph in order for the boat to actually go flying. It was only about 40mph.

LS JR.

CigDaze 08-28-2005 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by ratman
cigdaze...can you say huge air?

Oh ya! That's where the fun begins! :cool:

kitten 08-28-2005 04:17 PM

Jim Cantorie is opening up a can of whoop azz
because people are not leaving Gulf Shores too
fast. :eek:

Take care La. & AL. & Miss.

CigDaze 08-28-2005 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by kitten
Jim Cantorie is opening up a can of whoop azz
because people are not leaving Gulf Shores too
fast. :eek:

Take care La. & AL. & Miss.

Hey Kitten,
Ya I saw Jim about an hour ago, I've never seen him pissed like that. :eek: He said I-10 is a parking lot....he's probably thinking, how the hell am I going to get out of here. :eek:

kitten 08-28-2005 04:54 PM

Right !
My dad left Mississippi yesterday,
went to Memphis. The storm will
probably follow them, lol. :cool:

WildSafaris 08-28-2005 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by open72
looks like it's coming to us , new orleans and surrounding areas will be history if it hits. already starting evacuations.
fuunt thing is i just had a little girl 2 weeks ago tommorow and she was due to be born this monday.

sometimes i belive in things happening for a reason, the hospital she was born in was in new orleans and we should have been there this monday morning.

Congrats! :drink: