Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   A Question for Halo Drive Shower Owners (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/110890-question-halo-drive-shower-owners.html)

Paul Kermis 08-24-2005 06:05 PM

A Question for Halo Drive Shower Owners

I have a question for any of you who either have, or might be thinking about buying, a Halo Multiport Driveshower (or any other drive cooler for that matter). I am thinking about offering a polished stainless steel cap similar to the many other drive shower manufacturers. I can probable offer them for around $50.00 to $60.00. They would basically be a polished cover that would be bolted to the top bearing cap and extend down the sides by three inches. The top of the drive, including the top of the Halo Drive Shower would be enclosed to help trap the water and keep it on the drive for a longer period of time.

Will it help to better cool the drive? Sure, it will probably be good for another 10 degrees more than the 60 degrees that you are already getting.

I’m going to be honest here; it’s going to be 75% looks and 25% better efficiency. My question is, would it be worth $60.00 extra to you guys to have a pretty polished cap on the top of your drives.

Ted G 08-24-2005 08:04 PM

Re: A Question for Halo Drive Shower Owners

I might, I am looking at adding drive showers ASAP so if you need a test bed, let me know. I am not shy about sharing my experiences so I would be a good beta tester :D

Magicfloat 08-24-2005 08:31 PM

I think it's a good idea. BTW,just unloaded an 06 Formula 353,my tech guys said it has showers,I assume they are yours?

Paul Kermis 08-24-2005 09:54 PM

They're mine..... Formula been using my showers for the past two years. I'm going to ask them how they feel about the added cost vs the benifit and looks of a cover.

US1 Fountain 08-24-2005 10:51 PM

I like my Halo's as is. Excellant product that works. But who knows, once I can see how it all goes together. I think it might look kinda big if it has to be wide enough to clear the shower tube and hang down enough to cover the side tubes. Is that correct?
Will the cap be an option?

offshoredrillin 08-25-2005 05:34 AM

Paul, i would be interested too, I have your Halo's on xr's and love them! Teds are Bravo 1's :D

Ted G 08-25-2005 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
Paul, i would be interested too, I have your Halo's on xr's and love them! Teds are Bravo 1's :D

Hey, how come the Tiger has them and the Formula doesn't??

I need some money back :rolleyes:

offshoredrillin 08-25-2005 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by insptech
Hey, how come the Tiger has them and the Formula doesn't??

I need some money back :rolleyes:

lol honestly, I knew nothing about drive showers until i bought the Tiger, after one broke and I saw the way it chalked up, I called paul on the mon and had it on on tuesday, cleaned the drive right back up... I'll buy ya some beers:drink:

Clay Washington 08-25-2005 08:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
I like my Halo's as is. Excellant product that works.

I second that. I love the way my "old" one looks.

dockrocker 08-25-2005 09:02 AM

I loved the halo on my old boat, but I have to say that the Imco and related numbers definitely have more "bling" than the Simreks. Now if the Simrek was polished and/or available in colors.... :eureka: