Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   first time LOTO questions (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/110901-first-time-loto-questions.html)

dreamer 08-24-2005 07:48 PM

first time LOTO questions

having my boat towed to LOTO for labor day...fly into st louie in the am and drive down to LOTO... meet the boat at noon(dont know where)...... then what do i do? fri sat sun.. dockage, where to go, navigation, hotel rooms, bars, nite time, party cove... etc

also what with the noise ordinance.. i dont run mufflers... but theyre just 500 efis w/ a swim platform

BZ 08-24-2005 08:45 PM

Re: first time LOTO questions

pm me with a number we are bringing 2 35ft Fountains down for those day's from Chicago...been there tons of times it a BLAST too much to type...

Wild 08-24-2005 08:46 PM

come meet up with me, I am going to be down on Wed, Dreamer, call me

Wild
314-420-2619 i will show you all over, we can run the cigs all over that lake. I will just be me and my business partner, our wifes arent coming down till Friday night.

dreamer 08-25-2005 02:28 PM

ttt

Semper Fi 08-25-2005 02:56 PM

Have fun guys and be safe! I am planning on coming out there next year!

Von Bongo 08-25-2005 03:13 PM

Lots to do at LOTO just depends on what it is you want to do.

Horney Toad is "the" nightspot right now, lots of complaints about prices and service but it is the place right now.

Party Cove is in Anderson Hollow, just go to the Grand Glaize Bridge and follow the masses, you can't miss it.

A lot of fantastic establishments on the water Paradise, Captians Galley, Salty Dog, Topsiders & Clown, Frankie & Louies, Docknockers, Backwater Jacks...the list goes on and on and on...depends on if you want mild or wild, lakes got it all.

Get a map when you get to town. The best one I have is a laminated map from West Marine but they have similar maps everywhere, even at the truck stop in Booneville. Also I am sure there will be people from OSO or Midwest Boat Party there and they will be running all over the lake so you should be able to hook up with someone to guide you anywhere you want to go.

As far as where to stay, I might suggest Lazy Days for the simple reason it is very close to Public Beach #2 which is the best ramp at the lake. It also has it's own trailer lot so if the parking is all full at PB2 you have a place to put your trailer and finally it is very near party cove.

Other condo options would be to call PMG they manage a lot of units. As far as motels, just do a search online.

As for noise you should be OK will be a lot of traffic that weekend and MWP will be busy busting OUI's and other stupid people. If you are a little more specific on what you want for entertainment the people can be a little mroe specific in where to tell you to try.

BZ 08-25-2005 08:49 PM

I like the fact that the TOAD is the place we are staying at Aqua Fin condo's right across the street...Shooters 21 for Sat. night anyone??????

gsmith9898 08-26-2005 07:21 AM

hard to beat frankie and louies if you have kids. Go to party cove if you want to have kids. :eek:

dreamer 08-26-2005 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by gsmith9898
hard to beat frankie and louies if you have kids. Go to party cove if you want to have kids. :eek:

NAH... i just wanna practice making them :drink:

gsmith9898 08-26-2005 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by dreamer
NAH... i just wanna practice making them :drink:

just make sure your shots are up to date. :D